Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acoustic ballad

hey there!
    I've got a song for you; it's a cover version of alison krauss & union station - it doesn't matter. got it from the buffy soundtrack. awefull series, but I like the song... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

it's christin, a great friend of mine, on vox and me on the three guitars and bass.

please take into consideration that we were under huge pressure to record (it was recorded together with a couple of other songs within a few days), christin never sang into a microphone before, it was my first recording and I broke off my fingernails beeing drunk two nights before.
    (I always do so, dunno why myself... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

she didn't know the song at all and I didn't have any notes, nor did I play before.

I don't want to say it's perfect, but I'm satisfied. a few hours more would have been better, but well...

I hope you like it.

it was recorded with cool edit pro, the guitars (an EMG loaded PS3-T) with a Vamp2 and the vox with a behringer shark preamp and an intellifex LTD.

you can download in mp3 here . looking forward to your comments, hope you like it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

best regards///micha
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Re: acoustic ballad

not all at once please... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

nice work micha!

Comment

Thats sounds awesome Micha, I'd buy it.

[ September 02, 2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Jon ]

Comment

Excellent work Micha, I love a good ballad and those guitar parts are SWEEEEET! Keep up the good work!
          Mark

[ September 02, 2003, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

hey, that's nice. thank you all. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

it was really fun doin these recordings (never did before). christin and me are about to put a band together...
            let's see what it might bring.
            I hope it works out this time, my previous bands were like ****. motivation zero is all I can say...

@jon; if you wanna pay for that song, that won't be much of a problem to me. just gimme an email, and I can fix something... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            thank you man.

Comment

HAHA No problem Micha! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by micha:
                motivation zero
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Got your band name right there!

Nice work, micha. got any more? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that's not the badest idea man... I like it... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

about "got any more";
                  yes, I actually do. we recorded three songs for a first run.
                  it was ment as a present for a great friend of us and we had just like two weeks or so. really interesting project for me...
                  two weeks are short if you never did recordings, got to solder new cables and figure out the sounds and stuff, adn even worse; got 35 degrees and a beautiful lake in the middle of nowhere around the corner... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll put up another one soon if you like.
                  it's not that I can **** webspace, you know? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That song was beautiful. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

My goodness she has a great voice!!

Good recording and playing!!
                      I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

Working...
                      X