another recording is done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another recording is done

Finished a cover of "Friends" the other day, haven't got around to posting it til now... please let me know what you think ! as usual, comments/criticism are very welcome.

http://mstraughen.iuma.com

click on "album1" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: another recording is done

It was cool, great playing...drums are way to loud though. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, i just noticed that too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'll remix it, more comments guys ?

Comment

Sounds pretty good. Of course the drum thing which you know....I am hearing some tuning problems a little bit and I high whistling noise....I think the whole song sounds good but it sounds as if the rhythm guitar and bass are playing on top of the beat or maybe even behind it and on the original song I think he almost plays ahead of the beat which adds to the driving momentum of the song........Other than that the playing is good vibrato could use some attention but these are picky things and not everyone will hear that kind of detail but the longer you play these things tend to get better by themselves. Steve Vai had his students play one note for like an hour. You can pick it as fast or slow as you wanted but the point was to milk that one note for as much as possible. I have tried this but I can only get about 25 minutes into it and I get bored but it does help....I have more lessons like this if anyone is interested...?

Comment

Dude...I've listened to just about everybody on here. I enjoy your stuff as much if not more than anything I've heard on this forum. I love your guitar work. You keep posting them, and I'll keep listening. Good job

Comment

Yes, I AGREE! Your stuff is some of the most interesting music keep it up. I have been playing 13 years or so and I am just offering advice from those 13 years........but just keep going the way you are headed and you will be fine........

Comment

thanks for all the nice comments guys ! haven't been able to log onto the forums for a few days, it seems as if the site was down ? not sure...

shortz27, I picked up on my lack of vibrato skill in this song too, I'll have to work on that. I think the tuning problems may have been caused by me not letting my guitar settle into the new tuning before recording. I've remixed the song so it sounds better, but haven't posted the new mix on my site yet..

should be posting another new recording in a week or so!

thanks again for the kind comments [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X