QUINTUPLE tracked Randy Rhoads solo :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QUINTUPLE tracked Randy Rhoads solo

No, it was Brad Gillis. It was for the Speak of the Devil Tour.

Comment

that was a really cool story. found it really interesting. You should write a thread about it, in more detail. I love hearing stuff like that. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree, post a thread about it, it is a great story. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I will do that. I rubbed shoulders with lots of really famous players and "almost made it big" a bunch of times. It never worked out for me or my band but the memories are cool to have.
          I will get it together and post it but here is a little sample:
          I did the guitar work for Carribbean Queen by Billy Ocean
          I was the lead guitar in the studio for all of The Fat Boys albums
          My band almost did an entire US tour opening for Foreigner. We had an interview and in the lobby was the Juke Box from the Juke Box Hero Album.
          I was a child prodigy at 10 on the piano and played 21 pages of Bethoven's Moonlight Sonata at Lincoln Center in NY for a packed crowd totally by ear!!
          My cousin dated Ace Frehley for 2 years.
          etc.... I sincerely appreciate the interest and the opportunity to put "my pathetic story" together and actually have anybody who would want to read it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

wow...whatta tone>>> [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I was a child prodigy at 10 on the piano and played 21 pages of Bethoven's Moonlight Sonata at Lincoln Center in NY for a packed crowd totally by ear!!
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WOAH!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                I will do that. I rubbed shoulders with lots of really famous players and "almost made it big" a bunch of times. It never worked out for me or my band but the memories are cool to have.
                I will get it together and post it but here is a little sample:
                I did the guitar work for Carribbean Queen by Billy Ocean
                I was the lead guitar in the studio for all of The Fat Boys albums
                My band almost did an entire US tour opening for Foreigner. We had an interview and in the lobby was the Juke Box from the Juke Box Hero Album.
                My cousin dated Ace Frehley for 2 years.
                etc.... I sincerely appreciate the interest and the opportunity to put "my pathetic story" together and actually have anybody who would want to read it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow you did Caribbean Queen??? That's crazy...that was a huge song back in the 80's as far as pop music goes. I'd LOVE to hear some of your stories...sounds like you've been through a lot!!!

Comment

JGcable:

child prodigy...cool piano, guitar and of course your OPUS of B U L L S H I T !!!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

I never knew the bass line mimicked the solo melody at the end of the solo... that was cool.. and a damn fine job, the delay effect in overdubs being slighty off the first fast run was cool.. I'll have to remember that.

Comment

Carribean Queen
                      Now were sharing? Living? the same dream
                      blah blah blah...

Man i love that song, and I really love the guitaring

Thanks for being part of such a great song
                      I remember being only 8 or 9 when first heard it
                      I'm twenty now.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I think

Comment

child prodigy...cool piano, guitar and of course your OPUS of B U L L S H I T !!!!

Eddy, thanks for a great name to my one day auto-biography. Opus of Bull$hit has a nice ring to it although I find that Caprice of Crap might even be more appropriate as you clearly wrote.I will be sure to mention your contribution in the forward if I decide to use your title. It sure is interesting how some of the best ideas commonly come from guitar players who never made it out of their bedrooms. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Eddy, thanks for a great name to my one day auto-biography. Opus of Bull$hit has a nice ring to it although I find that Caprice of Crap might even be more appropriate as you clearly wrote.I will be sure to mention your contribution in the forward if I decide to use your title. It sure is interesting how some of the best ideas commonly come from guitar players who never made it out of their bedrooms
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's funny bro!

Comment

This is along the lines of the mud slinging reviews Yngwie took during his release of "Magnum Opus"
                            I believe one critic of a major mag labeled it "maximus crappus" Some people were kinda tired of the same formula being rehashed with little variation of the neo-classical format he'd be putting out so many albums before.

I don't see the need to slam the JG.. he has a right to toot his horn a little for the accomplishments, give credit where credit is due. If someone chooses not to believe him.. they're entitled, but I'd say they should check the credits of the Fat Boys discs before they go bashing someone, lest they eat crow & their foot.

[ June 23, 2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Eddie-van-moronic-bumf*ck:

What the f*ck is your problem?

Comment

no offense to anyone but wasn't this thread about Petes multi tracked mp3. Not bio's of forum members, if you want self promotion please start a thread on it so for those of us who don't care can breeze over them. Although I find it interesting, not the topic of the original thread. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[ June 24, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Shawn Lutz ]
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X