Under Eden solo samples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Eden solo samples

On Thursday, we finished recording the last of our guitar parts for the three songs that are going on the Under Eden promo CD that we'll be shopping around later this year. Since I rarely have any clips to post, I thought I'd link them. I did the leads and a few rhythms, and my brother did most of the rhythms and a couple of harmonies. Keep in mind that NONE of this has been EQ'd, mixed or mastered - everything is just raw audio at this point, and the levels are all over the place. I forgot to set the bit/sample rates when I ripped the tracks from CD, so the quality is a bit rough, but being that it's not a finished product, I don't care.

The rhythm tracks are done on a Peavey Rockmaster tube preamp and the leads are through an ART DST-4 solid state preamp/processor, both running to a Carvin T100 tube power amp and Peavey Sheffield 2x12 cab. I was playing an ash Jackson TH-2 Stealth for the leads, with a "Hex Overwound Metal Humbucker" from the Guitar Fetish clearance site.

http://www.under-eden.net/Audio/UE-Serpent.mp3

http://www.under-eden.net/Audio/UE-Phoenix.mp3

http://www.under-eden.net/Audio/UE-Future.mp3
    sigpic

Very good Job!!!..we seem to be on a similar page in style. Seems many are going in this direction more and more..but I don't mind. I have your 1st cd TSC, which I enjoy..and cool to see your cd add in various metal mags.

I'm envious because you accomplised where I want to be. Keep working, it sounds awesome. I'm proud of the talent we have on this board, and making things happen happen..

Eventually I get my shit out there..in a decade or so..

Until then, I'll listen and support you guys and keep writing. I'll never stop that.

Cheers bro,

Bill Z Bub
    Last edited by horns666; 08-05-2007, 03:28 PM.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I play differently from this style wise, but it sounds good Ryan. The guitar tone sounds good, punchy with good mids to cut. I'm surprised by that ART. You have that gallop thing going on.. that really caught my ear about 25 seconds into the 'Serpant' link.. very M'dethish.
      Last edited by charvelguy; 08-10-2007, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I'm using an ART Tube Channel in conjunction with the DST-4 preamp. I like how the DST-4 "Xtreme" channel (identical to the pedal of the same name) responds to my playing style, but it has a bit too much treble sizzle with a bright guitar like the Stealth. The Tube Channel's parametric EQ keeps it from getting harsh on the high end and thickens it up a bit, although I am doing very little boosting with the EQ. I'm pretty disappointed to have had two of the ART Eighty/Eighty heads die on me now, but did pick up a second DST-4 preamp for dirt cheap on eBay.

Back in the studio next Thursday to do leads on two more songs, assuming my brother gets his rhythm parts wrapped up.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X