Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bosch Jazzing] Pat Metheny - Unity Village

Hi fellow guitarplayers,

For the moment I’m finished playing rock and will enter the worlm of jazz. In my last songs I came some way using bluenotes and stuff but now I’m in for the real thing.

Download: Unity Village.mp3

I recorded this song using my new Epiphone Joe Pass. Great guitar, but I will buy myself a true (carved) archtop. Suggestions are welcom since I don’t know squad about archtops.

Epiphone  Pod XT  Audigy  Sonar Producer Edition 5.

Hope you enjoy.

Rgrdz,

~Bosch~

Wow, quite a departure from your other stuff. I prefer your shred work, but this is still excellent work. I find the delay+verb on your main guitar track a bit distracting though. Maybe increase the delay a bit longer so the original note stands out on its own better? It would sound better with a more traditional "beefy" jazz tone, IMO.

Comment

Being a Metheny fan (I haven't bought or indulged in his stuff quite some timenow)... I really liked it and this is good way for you to go playing wise as you seem to have a natural adaptation to it which will only get better. My only criticism is some of the comping and tracking seemed a tad off in timing.. it wasn't choppy, just seemed to flex some in places.
      Lots of gigs playing jazz though.. we have some great jazzers gigging frequently in Mpls.

Comment

Working...
      X