• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new instrumental

http://guitar08man.googlepages.com/P...ukens-Rain.mp3

check it out!
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Excellent! Really enjoyed that one. I definitely hear another side of your playing in that track.

The cleaner parts sounded a bit Eric Johnson themed... the lead tones & playing were excellent too.

What do you use for the drums? I really liked those sounds... 'specially the beefy yet open kick drum sound.

Comment

thanks! i definitely called upon my eric johnson influence in this song, so i guess im glad you heard that correctly.

The drums are ezdrummer with the drumkit from hell expansion pack. i eq'd some of the lowermids out of the bass drum a bit.

Comment

should have called it "Banging In The Storm"

actually I hear A LOT of Slash here
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I love it, you have a great playing feel and it makes it very enjoyable to listen to - may I make a suggestion? Can you manually pan the tracks with the set up you're using? If so, try starting the thunder in one side of the sound field and pan it to the other like it does in real life when the sound travels across the clouds. Did that make sense? lol!

again, I loved it, nice job....it makes me want to get back into recording again!
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
            I love it, you have a great playing feel and it makes it very enjoyable to listen to - may I make a suggestion? Can you manually pan the tracks with the set up you're using? If so, try starting the thunder in one side of the sound field and pan it to the other like it does in real life when the sound travels across the clouds. Did that make sense? lol!

again, I loved it, nice job....it makes me want to get back into recording again!
            haha i wish i could pan the thunder, but i used the rain/thunder sound from a stereo wav file that i found on the internet. thats a good idea though, had i actually gone out and recorded rain noises i would totally have done that.

Comment

I really enjoyed it, good stuff.
              Your playing didn't seem rushed (thats a good thing), and good phrasing.
              Your playing was really pleasant to listen to. Good stuff.
              The "thunder thing" Bud suggested would have been a really nice recording touch.
              You advance to the next round.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

excellent work my friend, making us proud in the lone star state
                played with alot of soul, diggin it... i'm glad you were able to give us some new work. it was worth the wait.
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Are you using Rifftracker for this? are the samples for DFH compatible with RW?

Comment

WOW man really nice job on that track again, hope i will be able to play half that good when i am 50 I really dig that Marty Friedman type bendings at 1:50-2:00 You rock man.

Comment

Very musical, great job!
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                        Are you using Rifftracker for this? are the samples for DFH compatible with RW?
                        i was just using ezdrummer as a vst. i dont believe the two are compatible.

Comment

More questions. Is that your modeler interface for your tones then, or are you using a plugin hardware? EZdrummer is your program you are using for song layout? Its a nice tune, very textural and you have nice chordal stuff happening with clean voicings plus your usual rippin guitar work.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                            More questions. Is that your modeler interface for your tones then, or are you using a plugin hardware? EZdrummer is your program you are using for song layout? Its a nice tune, very textural and you have nice chordal stuff happening with clean voicings plus your usual rippin guitar work.
                            I am using line a line 6 toneport for a mic preamp/audio interface. I have my podxt running through my epiphone valve junior on this one.

Ezdrummer is a vst instrument, so i could play it with a midi keyboard if i wanted too. However, i just went through with a mouse and programmed a drum part for the song.

Comment

ahh.. that would possibly explain the class A type sound you got there on the rhythm/lead stuff.
                              Is that a UX2 type toneport? with a cannon plug and then you did a live mic?

Part of the reason why I asking is I am looking for some drum sounds/programs that will be compatible with RW. Even tho instant drummer is convenient, I'm not wanting to pop 10 bucks a crack just to get different sounds when I can use RW with external programs.
                              So far Reason and Beta Monky are looking like options.

It seems EZ drummer has had some software issues from looking at their page... but the backings sound good here. I assume you haven't had problems with it?
                              Last edited by charvelguy; 07-29-2007, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X