Thought I'd share a track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    Post a clip of your playing. I would really love to hear your chops.
    I'm waiting.....
    http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...le=choices.mp3

Tell you what.. I won't even respond. I'll let others here respond to your playing ability.
    Please be my guest and respond, you see, I don't really give one shit what other guitar players think, I never ever have and never will. I don't play music to impress musicians. In fact, I would consider myself a fairly generic player, I play what I feel fits the music. I don't play to impress.

I promise you I won't get defensive if you think I suck. I don't need to have my ego stroked, ever, I don't need to say shit to make myself seem better. I get up and play and that's it. And if the crowd who we're playing for loves it, fucking A, that's all the satisfaction I ever need out of all of it.

BTW..

[SNIP]

Your turn Evol........
    You want to get into a pissing match, and I will not be sucked in ... none of what you said makes you better than me, nor any other guitar player here, so get over yourself. NOTHING gives you the right to judge another so harshly, be it a guitar teacher who's a new member , a 13 year old girl,etc etc.

Save your "resume" for impressing girls or what-not, I'm not impressed, sorry i've seen enough in nearly 30 years of playing, and i've seen plenty of cocky know-it-alls who talk shit and think everyone has to listen to them since they are the only ones who are right.

Well,you're not right, not about this, there is no excuse in treating people like that. Period.

Now stop breaking my stones.
    I promise you I will as soon as you quit ripping on people who are just that... people who enjoy playing the same instrument you and I do...and that should be celebrated and encouraged, not shit upon.

You have valid points. I am a bitter prick. I am also a straight shooter when it comes to playing an instrument. Sometimes..(many actually) I piss people off with my comments and critiques but I have been around the business for too long not to see through bullshit.
    What the hell does this have to do with "the business"??? This is an area for amateur guitar players to post what they want.

Comment

But John, are we sharing the same dream? I mean, could our hearts ever beat as one? Or is it just love on the run?
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        You want to get into a pissing match, and I will not be sucked in ...
        Now that is funny. John was a dick to the guy but you started the pissing match. John is just going toe to toe with you.

This is a hilarious thread.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          Now that is funny. John was a dick to the guy but you started the pissing match. John is just going toe to toe with you.

This is a hilarious thread.

This is a pretty good thread. Man I love the JCF again. Evol.. I don't know you but you certainly are a good sparring partner.
          I was a dick to the guy. I admit it. There.

If you check many of my other responses to MP3's you will notice that if the songs are good and the playing is good I give an honest review.
          Now.. onto your song Choices.
          You know I have to critique it.
          My guess is that you are influenced by Jake E Lee. Your playing is very good. Nice vibrato, nice legato and good note selection. Its a tiny bit meedley meedley meedley sounding at times but over all.. you can play. Hey.. you aren't at my level but then again.. who is?? :ROTF: Not too many.
          The singer sounds a little like James LaBrie and Geoff Tate and thats a good thing.
          I like the song.. the production is a little raw. My guess is that it has not gone through the mastering process.

So... I retract my statement that you don't know shit about guitar. This post proves that you do. At least now I know that when we are going toe to toe.. its 2 guys who can actually play.

Comment

Ding..... Round 2

Lets Get It On!!!!

Comment

This is a pretty good thread. Man I love the JCF again. Evol.. I don't know you but you certainly are a good sparring partner.
              I was a dick to the guy. I admit it. There.
              Well I hope you see that there wasn't a need to be.

My guess is that you are influenced by Jake E Lee.
              Yah,good call. More so by Randy,but even playing his stuff when I do cover shit I still sound more like me doing his songs than a direct rip-off of him.
              And Hendrix, I know it's hard to tell from that clip, but that was that band doing it's thing, which was meant to be an ode to 80's rock.

Your playing is very good. Nice vibrato, nice legato and good note selection. Its a tiny bit meedley meedley meedley sounding at times but over all.. you can play. Hey.. you aren't at my level but then again.. who is?? :ROTF: Not too many.
              Like I said, I consider myself a generic guitarist, I don't really specialize in any one style. I enjoy playing classical,blues,spacey weird stuff,I've even played in a country band or two over the years. I simply enjoy being a part of the sound than a "lead guitarist" or whatever.

The singer sounds a little like James LaBrie and Geoff Tate and thats a good thing.
              Yah, he's great and a real nice guy to boot, we saved him from a really bad Fates Warning Tribute band.

I like the song.. the production is a little raw. My guess is that it has not gone through the mastering process.
              You are correct, this version has not been mastered. We actually cut the 7 track CD in about 10 hours.

The guy who recorded it for us (pictured here sharing the stage with the man)

Jonas, did as good a job as he could for the money we had, considering we had to set up double kick drums and whatnot. I always bring my own harddrive but I didn't check the tracks until recently. To my dismay some mixdown had already happened,so the scratch guitar tracks will always be there. We did have it mastered , but I hate the sound and always thought I could just go back and redo it when I had the chance, but it appears I'm screwed there, so be it.

So... I retract my statement that you don't know shit about guitar. This post proves that you do. At least now I know that when we are going toe to toe.. its 2 guys who can actually play.
              I still don't see what knowing shit about guitar has to do with treating people right.

Just try and ease up on the newbs and up and comers, they don't need to be discouraged.

I guarantee you if it were someone who came in talking shit about how he's hotshit and what have you, and posted crap I would be the first to join you in bashing them. But these guys who are just being nice , with no attitude or ego , who are just starting out (yes,even teachers) need a damn break from that lynching. With the right direction and encouragement who's to say they won't be the next great thing that sets the guitar world on fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                Well I hope you see that there wasn't a need to be.

Yah,good call. More so by Randy,but even playing his stuff when I do cover shit I still sound more like me doing his songs than a direct rip-off of him.
                And Hendrix, I know it's hard to tell from that clip, but that was that band doing it's thing, which was meant to be an ode to 80's rock.

Like I said, I consider myself a generic guitarist, I don't really specialize in any one style. I enjoy playing classical,blues,spacey weird stuff,I've even played in a country band or two over the years. I simply enjoy being a part of the sound than a "lead guitarist" or whatever.

Yah, he's great and a real nice guy to boot, we saved him from a really bad Fates Warning Tribute band.

You are correct, this version has not been mastered. We actually cut the 7 track CD in about 10 hours.

The guy who recorded it for us (pictured here sharing the stage with the man)

Jonas, did as good a job as he could for the money we had, considering we had to set up double kick drums and whatnot. I always bring my own harddrive but I didn't check the tracks until recently. To my dismay some mixdown had already happened,so the scratch guitar tracks will always be there. We did have it mastered , but I hate the sound and always thought I could just go back and redo it when I had the chance, but it appears I'm screwed there, so be it.

I still don't see what knowing shit about guitar has to do with treating people right.

Just try and ease up on the newbs and up and comers, they don't need to be discouraged.

I guarantee you if it were someone who came in talking shit about how he's hotshit and what have you, and posted crap I would be the first to join you in bashing them. But these guys who are just being nice , with no attitude or ego , who are just starting out (yes,even teachers) need a damn break from that lynching. With the right direction and encouragement who's to say they won't be the next great thing that sets the guitar world on fire?
                Good points. Make sure when you get your songs mastered you go to somebody with a good reputation and experience in mixing that genre of music. We went to Trutone in NYC. I was expensive but with mastering.. most of the time you get what you pay for.
                Make sure you talk to the mastering company before hand alot because most of the time they like the music sent to them in certain formats and they group the tracks and mix them seperate through different types of filters and then master them together. In our studio we have $5K studio monitors. This company had $20K monitors. It makes a huge difference.
                Anyway... ROCK ON.

Comment

Just finished reading this thread , pheewww, well what can i say both made valid points , and i am clad you finaaly got it sorted out. Also i see myself at John's shoes listing to a unconvincing track meant for students to learn Anyway.

Jgcable, wow man nice biography, i wanted to ask if you were on tour with Twisted Sister did you and your band mates get to hang out with Twisted Sister members too?

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton View Post
                    Just finished reading this thread , pheewww, well what can i say both made valid points , and i am clad you finaaly got it sorted out. Also i see myself at John's shoes listing to a unconvincing track meant for students to learn Anyway.

Jgcable, wow man nice biography, i wanted to ask if you were on tour with Twisted Sister did you and your band mates get to hang out with Twisted Sister members too?
                    Our drummer hung out with there drummer. The other TS members would literally show up 15 minutes before they went on. We hung out mainly with their roadies. Zebra was a different story. Randy Jackson hung out all the time. He is a really nice guy. Actually.. they all were. The Twisted Sister fans were NUTZ!!!!! They did everything but shoot at us almost every night. I hid behind my guitar or amp many times. I also jumped into the crowd once because it was a local gig and many of my crazy friends were there to protect me.

Comment

Our drummer hung out with there drummer. The other TS members would literally show up 15 minutes before they went on. We hung out mainly with their roadies. Zebra was a different story. Randy Jackson hung out all the time. He is a really nice guy. Actually.. they all were. The Twisted Sister fans were NUTZ!!!!! They did everything but shoot at us almost every night. I hid behind my guitar or amp many times. I also jumped into the crowd once because it was a local gig and many of my crazy friends were there to protect me.
                      Oh my fucking god, are serious, damn, id imagine being tour with then was'nt definately the safest thing you have ever done

Comment

Working...
                      X