Thought I'd share a track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I'd share a track

Hey guys, thought I would post something for you guys to listen to. i teach guitar and this was something that i just recorded as an example for a couple of students of some different techniques you can use in lead playing. It's not fantastic and it is just me improvising over a jam track...and there are some killer players on here, so please be nice :P
    Thanks for listening!!!
    Last edited by DC_rhoads82; 07-02-2007, 08:45 PM.

Ok, I will be really nice and say thanks for posting.
    BTW... what style of guitar do you teach because that wasn't too good on a multitude of levels. It was sloppy, choppy, slightly out of tune, repetitive, and uninspiring. If you are a teacher you need to hit the books bro. Sorry...
    Oh yea.. and you are 100% correct. There are alot of incredible players on the JCF.

Comment

I'd fire the casio keyboard. At the end there seemed to be some crazy sweeping arpegios or somthing, But I could not take the casio anymore and cut it off. Keep on working at it, one day you will get a band.
      "when people say metal, they dont think bling bling they think stainless steel kitchen knife"
      I just made that quote..

Comment

I simply posted it in an effort to contribute to forums, as is stated that should be done here,It isnt my own original song, its not meant to be my composition. it was recorded through a webcam mic and played over a jam track. I teach guitar because I love showing people how to play their favourite songs and teaching techniques that give them a lot of trouble. If they wanted something slick and inspiring, I'd point them to a polished album as I know nothing of proper recording. Thanks Jason for the good comments...I dont use backing tracks anymore, that was quite an old clip :P

EDIT: seems putfile deleted my account and the media on it, and I dont have the time to put that crap back on, any chance the mods can delete this thread. I'll leave the playing and song posting to the talented guys, and limit myself to gawking at USA jacksons.
        Last edited by DC_rhoads82; 07-02-2007, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
          I simply posted it in an effort to contribute to forums, as is stated that should be done here,It isnt my own original song, its not meant to be my composition. it was recorded through a webcam mic and played over a jam track. I teach guitar because I love showing people how to play their favourite songs and teaching techniques that give them a lot of trouble. If they wanted something slick and inspiring, I'd point them to a polished album as I know nothing of proper recording. Thanks Jason for the good comments...I dont use backing tracks anymore, that was quite an old clip :P

EDIT: seems putfile deleted my account and the media on it, and I dont have the time to put that crap back on, any chance the mods can delete this thread. I'll leave the playing and song posting to the talented guys, and limit myself to gawking at USA jacksons.
          I calls them as I sees them bro. I apologize if I came off like a dick. I wasn't commenting on the recording quality or the backing track.

Comment

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post

I didn't get a chance to hear it,but I will say that I hope the crappy comments by others don't discourage you in any way. Personally I think that's a bunch of bullshit , to come and rip on someone when offering some friendly advice instead of some shitty opinion seems more productive.

But,this is a lion's den of sorts unfortunately...the wanna be's will tell you that you suck,this and that....I never could figure out why certain ego-maniac guitar players have to act that way towards others,it's quite childish and rude.

Anyway, I would encourage you to post more once you get the recording thing down....if you like,not everyone here will rip you to pieces,that's for sure.

Also, keep this in mind, the ones that do talk shit, aren't always the ones with talent either.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
              I didn't get a chance to hear it,but I will say that I hope the crappy comments by others don't discourage you in any way. Personally I think that's a bunch of bullshit , to come and rip on someone when offering some friendly advice instead of some shitty opinion seems more productive.

But,this is a lion's den of sorts unfortunately...the wanna be's will tell you that you suck,this and that....I never could figure out why certain ego-maniac guitar players have to act that way towards others,it's quite childish and rude.

Anyway, I would encourage you to post more once you get the recording thing down....if you like,not everyone here will rip you to pieces,that's for sure.

Also, keep this in mind, the ones that do talk shit, aren't always the ones with talent either.
              I hope you aren't directing your comments about me. There is plenty of my work for you to hear online. I appreciate the guy posting a clip and I wouldn't have ripped into him if he hadn't have mentioned that he is a guitar teacher.
              BTW.. I talk lots of shit regarding playing guitar because I CAN back it up.
              I never discourage beginners or bro's just posting clips and asking for advise. This guy claims he is a teacher. Would you take lead guitar lessons from him? I will guess no. Not based on that clip.
              We need to have a guitar wars on the JCF so that we can recognize and define the players and the talkers. I am getting pretty tired of defending my comments regarding other peoples playing. Like I said in my response... there are alot of GREAT players on the JCF. I consider it an honor and a learning experience just to talk to them and listen to their clips.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                BTW.. I talk lots of shit regarding playing guitar because I CAN back it up.
                Oh no! lol...

Looks like I stepped on the ego wire! Back it up to whom? To what? Is there some international panel of experts that will sit and pass judgement as to who can back what up?

What a bunch of cock-waving crap.

I never discourage beginners or bro's just posting clips and asking for advise. This guy claims he is a teacher. Would you take lead guitar lessons from him? I will guess no. Not based on that clip.
                As I said in my post I didn't get the chance to hear it before it got pulled or whatever, but no matter , I would encourage anyone to get better ,and see NO reason in being a dick about it.

We need to have a guitar wars on the JCF so that we can recognize and define the players and the talkers.
                OH NO A GUITAR WAR!!! WHIP OUT YOUR WEENER AND SLAP IT AROUND!!! Dude, wtf ,the "players" and the "talkers" ....anyone who picks it up and plucks it, deserves to be encouraged....not put down. You don't seem to like being put down too much....I mean look now you're talking about guitar wars and what-not....so think about what your negative comments do.

I am getting pretty tired of defending my comments regarding other peoples playing.
                Well, then maybe you should learn your place. And not to be a dick to people. It's music......plain and simple.... to call someone's playing uninspiring....well that's a comment you should just keep to yourself imo. It's fucking rude dude. Makes you look like an ego-maniac.

Like I said in my response... there are alot of GREAT players on the JCF. I consider it an honor and a learning experience just to talk to them and listen to their clips.
                Then I would hope you would take a learning experience that I have known for years, the "great" players ....people who actually play music FOR music,not cock-waggers, are mostly nice and humble guys who aren't on here talking down to others that post clips.

Think about that one.

Comment

Oh no! lol...

Looks like I stepped on the ego wire! Back it up to whom? To what? Is there some international panel of experts that will sit and pass judgement as to who can back what up?

What a bunch of cock-waving crap.

As I said in my post I didn't get the chance to hear it before it got pulled or whatever, but no matter , I would encourage anyone to get better ,and see NO reason in being a dick about it.

OH NO A GUITAR WAR!!! WHIP OUT YOUR WEENER AND SLAP IT AROUND!!! Dude, wtf ,the "players" and the "talkers" ....anyone who picks it up and plucks it, deserves to be encouraged....not put down. You don't seem to like being put down too much....I mean look now you're talking about guitar wars and what-not....so think about what your negative comments do.

Well, then maybe you should learn your place. And not to be a dick to people. It's music......plain and simple.... to call someone's playing uninspiring....well that's a comment you should just keep to yourself imo. It's fucking rude dude. Makes you look like an ego-maniac.

Then I would hope you would take a learning experience that I have known for years, the "great" players ....people who actually play music FOR music,not cock-waggers, are mostly nice and humble guys who aren't on here talking down to others that post clips.

Think about that one.
                  The majority of your statements are horse shit. That "teachers" clip that he recorded to "teach" his students sucked. You didn't even hear it and you are defending it. Trust me.. he sounds like a first year player.. not a guitar teacher.

Let me tell you another thing... playing lead guitar IS cock wagging. Especially metal guitar soloing. The problem nowadays is that many guys have lost sight of this. Its not all about emotions and connecting with the audience.. its about ripping your cock out and tearing up the fretboard. Plain and simple. Humbleness has NO place in metal. Ask Bill. He'll tell you.

Comment

The majority of your statements are horse shit. That "teachers" clip that he recorded to "teach" his students sucked. You didn't even hear it and you are defending it. Trust me.. he sounds like a first year player.. not a guitar teacher.

Let me tell you another thing... playing lead guitar IS cock wagging. Especially metal guitar soloing. The problem nowadays is that many guys have lost sight of this. Its not all about emotions and connecting with the audience.. its about ripping your cock out and tearing up the fretboard. Plain and simple. Humbleness has NO place in metal. Ask Bill. He'll tell you.
                    If you truly believe that,then never EVER call yourself a musician.

Please.

Spare us all the bullshit.

Comment

If you truly believe that,then never EVER call yourself a musician.

Please.

Spare us all the bullshit.
                      I truly believe that and I can back it up with chops.. not feelings.
                      Go change your tampon.

Comment

I truly believe that and I can back it up with chops.. not feelings.
                        Go change your tampon.

Ok there,Mr. Rock Star! Wow, you must be so damn amazing,since you have such a cocky attitude. Can't wait to see you in an arena near me soon! I'm all giddy like a school girl...I can't believe I'm going to see him back it up with "chops"...WOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!@@!@@@!@!@!@!

No music, just "chops" .... no emotions or feelings, since who would be silly enough to think that's what the guitar is voiced and intended for...

I WANT CHOPS!@!@!@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!@!@!@!

Here's a little light reading for you, I know it may be hard to comprehend, but dammit I'll try :

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71721

Oh,here , I'll even pick out the quote for ya, so you don't need to do so much reading :

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post

I told him i was intimidated as hell. He just laughed, said "dude you kick ass, dont worry about it. Im just some guy that plays guitar."
                        Hmmm, that's Reb Beach saying that...

Learn to humble thyself.

The point is no matter what "chops" (LOL) you can conjure up...none of that gives anyone (I don't care if you're Yngwie fucking Malsteen) to pass judgement on another so harshly. That's bullshit, you said it yourself, you didn't mean to come off like a dick. Well, you did. Just like putting down the 13 year old girl who was doing a tribute to Randy ....

I get it, you think you're a badass...for whatever reason...maybe someone told you at some point you're a good guitar player and it went to your head,I dunno...I have seen it happen to people ALOT of people in L.A. have that syndrome.

And of course their music sucks as a consequence.

I think it's more beneficial to offer friendly advice, instead of attitude, but then again that's just me....

Wow,does that mean I have no CHOPS!!! ZOMG!!!!

Or Reb Beach?? Damn,I bet he'll be upset to find that out. :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Its easy for a rock star to tell you to be humble. Let me tell you.. that Reb Beach was a friggin vicious killer of a solo player when he was trying to make it. When you are battling to be noticed or signed you either kill or be kill. The time to be humble is after you have made your mark.
                          I am positive that Reb Beach wasn't so humble in the beginning.
                          I can compare it to when they interview movie stars. They always say.. be humble, stay true to your craft, blah, blah, blah.. Thats easy to say after you are a zillionaire and have already made it. Actors trying to break into show business are ruthless killers in the beginning.
                          Go to a headline rock show and talk to the warm up bands lead guitar player who drove 2000 miles in a van and a Uhaul to play a 30 minute set at 7:00pm for hardly anybody just so that they can be on the bill.
                          I can assure you that he is not humble.
                          What he is... is HUNGRY.
                          You just don't get it Evol. I been there and done that. I never made it. I went through the entire process and came so close so many times. I'm not bullshitting. I'm just telling it like it is.
                          Steve Vai does a really nice intimate caring humble interview nowadays but I can assure you he was a hungry driven monster back when he was transposing all of Zappa's material just to get noticed. You can even tell in his playing. He was much more aggressive and risky back in the old days before all the endorsements and the millions of dollars.
                          A perfect example is Eric Clapton. He was a completely different person and interview back when he was coming up. Now.. he's humble and nice and safe and radio friendly.
                          I know guys who know John Mayer. He grew up a few towns away from me. When he was doing the club thing and taking lessons before he made it big he was an arrogant rip your heart out if you stand in his way type of guy. Thats hunger bro. All players have it when they are trying to get signed.

Comment

John, you're a great dude and your posts are usually excellent. But in this thread you're just being a dick.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              John, you're a great dude and your posts are usually excellent. But in this thread you're just being a dick.

Thanks Tim.

It must be that time of the month.

Comment

Working...
                              X