Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds very good .

Comment

Awsome!! Yes, the 85 does kill the 81 What cab and speakers? Could you do a clip with the 85 please Jack.

Comment

very nice!
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Nice,.. tight, aggressive & mean, cleanly played.
          That amp killed for this style.
          Well done!

Comment

that sounds great, what are the speakers in the Mesa cab?
            got a 7 string by any chance?
            I haven't heard a good clip thru a JSX yet with a 7
            geez , now I really want one of these
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Wow, this thing's been going for a while! ha

Mesa has the stock V30's in it.

I just ordered a full set of JJ EL34's and 12AX7's, so when those come in tomorrow, I'll be reamping a few tracks and seeing how it goes.

Kmanick, I don't have a 7 string, but I know it sounds good tuned down to C or so - haven't heard it any lower.
              Last edited by DSS3; 05-07-2007, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I got an awesome sound out of my dr3 tuned down to B-flat on it yesterday. I could only imagine what my old hellraiser7 would do through this thing, I rekon it takes to the low registers perfectly. My C# chug is absolutely satisfying, revolution is my name gets alot of play

Comment

Very nice. Perfect!

Comment

Oh, sick indeed. I was so close to buying a JSX until I got my Vetta. The only thing that stopped me was the production possibilities of the Vetta, since I'm the only one in the group that has any desire to use any effects. Pity, cause that sounded silly-good.

Grats on a tone well-done
                    www.myspace.com/madeaband
                    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

excellent work!! Very nice!!
                      Sam

Comment

Awesome clips!!! Love the tone and overall feel of the tunes.

Keep up the good work. BTW, very nice playing. Tight and clean.
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

That sounded TITS!

I think your clips really capture the essence of the JSX's "metal" tone to the T..whenever I play one.

Nice style and playing..

That sounds nothing like Jeff Waters "bees in a can" tone, your tone CRUSHES his, although he's a great player.

More like new Dark Tranquilty, which I been listening to, and stealing from lately..well, not exactly!

I would like to hear it without the 808 stomp. I suspect it's rollin' off, and compressing the amp's organic "girth" a tad . I LOVE the gain of the ultra channel, it's absolutely perfect for me. I'd never consider using a stomp with it..but you're doing GREAT, so do whatever works man..

Bill Z Bub
                          Last edited by horns666; 08-04-2007, 10:34 AM.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hm, are you sure that's a JSX? I don't hear the midrange wah tone everyone else is getting. Sounds great!

Pete
                            sarcasm hat on

Comment

Thats exactly right bill, that exactly what happens and why its used. Which is why I hate it on my jsx's ultra channel, but love it on the crunch. I like a large 'dynamic range' within the clipping stage. Thats what gets you maximum chug imo! Using a ts however makes it tight as a nun. Its the attack that the 4558 chip gives you, it changes the pick attack, along with the eq section of course. I love using it to tighten up the crunch channel for soloing, makes sweeping and speedy runs more clear and articulate. Its kind of a preamp switch, or pre-preamp enhancement

Just like notching a wah....(sarcasm hat)

Comment

Both those tracks were great, great thick sound from the jsx.

the playing was real tight, I thought the first one sounded quite like something off of the new black by SYL and the second like Bullet for my valentine.

Nice one

Comment

Working...
                                X