Guns N' Roses - November Rain lead guitar cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns N' Roses - November Rain lead guitar cover

Been a while since I've posted video! Been a while since I've actually posted regularly here too!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T0X1r8lKd3Y

This is probably the fastest that I've ever learned a solo by ear (and a little bit of Guitar Pro always helps for the faster bits too!).

Rip into me guys, I'm improving at a pretty rapid rate lately. I can hear that I've overbent on some of the bends, and obviously the solo isn't perfect and there's open string noise here and there. And I can't even properly fret the first powerchord properly near the beginning.

Not bad at all.
    You've got the song down... just need to smooth it out.
    -Rick

Comment

Very nice! Not sure how I missed this

Comment

Hey man, nice to see you around! I liked the clip and thought you did a good job. My only beef is a visual one - I wish you'd wrap your thumb around the neck and choke the shit out of it when you're playing. That whole "berklee" looking thing you've got going on with your thumb planted in the middle of the neck just looks odd to me. Great job though and it's nice to have you back.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
          I wish you'd wrap your thumb around the neck and choke the shit out of it when you're playing. That whole "berklee" looking thing you've got going on with your thumb planted in the middle of the neck just looks odd to me
          +1 :ROTF:
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Sounds good, but like Jimmy said, make that Les Paul your bitch. Don't be afraid to grip that neck on bends. Your hand should move from the position you have going now, which is good for faster scale stuff and chords, to a position where your thumb wraps around the top while playing solos. Try it!

Comment

OMG you guys are evil.

For some reason, my thumb doesn't want to cooperate with me. The only time I can coerce my thumb over the top of the neck is when I need to fret the low E string on the second fret when doing a D major chord with the extra F# note in there.

The only way I can seem to add vibrato at the top of bends is to keep my thumb on the back... my thumb doesn't give me the leverage I would have imagined in "choking" the neck for bends.

Plus, I have tiny hands.

Thanks for the comments and critiques guys!

Comment

You overbent maybe 3 times by my ear, but considering the amount of bends in Slash's playing that not bad at all, and bends are a tricky thing to replicate exactly unless you have a really good ear, its hard because you notice after the fact when you listen through earphones or whatever but usually not while playing cause distortion covers it somewhat.

My big complaint is where is the big lead part! Yea yea thats the solo part of the song but the real playing is at the end of the song! Thats the tough part though, so good luck with that

Comment

Working...
                X