not really JCF style, but Id like some critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not really JCF style, but Id like some critique

IT's a punk style tune I decided I want to try out. I loved Face to Face, so I wanted to attempt a tune.

Can anyone who wants to please provide some criticism. Anythign from lyrics/piutch/tempo/mix/levels etc. Dont hold back, I need help.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time......

Click on the picture to hear it.......

http://www.kainziw.com/AITFB

really not a style I normally listen to, but I honestly couldn't fault that. The arrangement, the sound, the mix, the vocals, it all sounded great. I have to admit, I didn't really listen to the lyrics, but I did enjoy your vocals.

Nice lick to finish it too
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks Vitamin, all my friends say they like it, but I like to hear from guys who have appreciate good music and have some knowledge of it all!

Lyrics are generic high school crap :p Even though im 26

P.S - thats all digital, not one piece of analog gear (except guitars, but they run thru guitar rig)

Comment

That was cool! The vocals were great, and you worked in some nice playing that still fit the style of the tune well. Can't think of anything to criticize as far as the mix. Sounded good.

Comment

Great tune, I enjoyed it. Very energetic and a great mix.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

much appreciated!!!

I look forward to playing you guys my next mix. It's a little Opeth, Soilwork, Nevermore all combined into one mess!!! I just gotta work my voice into shape!!!!

Comment

With the mix:

left guitar is louder than the right
              Intro lead is wayyy to quiet
              Snare is too try, try adding some high end and a big(ger) room verb
              Toms sound like they're panned mono
              Bass is a tiny bit overpowering
              Guitars could do with being a wee bit more up front... Eithger bost the Volume or add some EQ at 1.5, 4k and 8k to give them a bit more bite...

Vox are a bit quiet also in releation to left guitar... Bring that guit down and raise the vox, maybe add some (more)2-4k on them just to give them some more presence.

Wee bit of delay on the vox wouldn't go amiss either.

Just my 2pence.

Comment

Shit though, don't get me wrong.

This was a good fuckin' job

Comment

great, i love to hear stuff like that, and I agree with your points, Ill experiment in the morning

Comment

What are you recording in?

Cubase? sonar? nuendo? Protools?

Comment

Cubase.....

I actually dug up my headphones and did some of your tips.....

Im having trouble getting the vocals not sounding harsh.... When I crank it, i get fatigue. Gonna have to dink with the EQ :s

Comment

Reverb it first with a low pass cut about 15k (in the revern, i think roomworks can accomodate this)

Then boost with an EQ plug, not cubase's track plug unless you can set it to "post FX"

That way you're boosing the high's of the verb and not the voice = more bite but smoother.

Comment

Great job! I like it, but isn't it a bit long for punk?
                          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

haha..... I guess so....

Norther. Im still dinking around with the vocals. I think my heavy compression is giving me the sibilance and harshness. I wann airon that out so I can raise the Vox level. I just need to find somek "sweet spots"

Comment

Very cool.... Sounds fun....

Comment

Working...
                              X