X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patrick tries micing a 5150...

wankery ensues

http://cyberjammin.com/uploads/Music...onetestmp3.mp3

tell me what you think of the tone, not the lame ass playing, lol.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Good tone man but a little distant. How far away was the mic from the cloth?

Comment

I'm not sure you'd hear a lot of chugga-chugga there, but the leads ring out loud and clear! I think you've found a sweet spot!
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Well i pointed a sm57 into the speaker cone, about 1 inch away. I only had the Volume of the amp on 2, but i put a compresser on line 6 tone port on it to raise the volume a little bit.

any suggestions?

Comment

I like the sound, but I like your playing even better Patrick !
          Did you use your Firebird on the recording?

Comment

suggestions?
            why don't you try putting the amp + mike in a solid closet if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by pebber View Post
              suggestions?
              why don't you try putting the amp + mike in a solid closet if possible.
              hmm, i dont think this would be possible, would you suggest maybe draping a blanket over the entire set up (mic and cabinet?) or would this be a joke.

I used my les paul for this recording, which has a duncan distortion in the bridge.

Comment

You'd need a really heavy blanket to crank the amp loud enough.

Maybe a closet full of heavy coats, blankets, teddy bears, pillows, towels, sheets, etc?
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Child Of Norther View Post
                  Good tone man but a little distant. How far away was the mic from the cloth?
                  Didn't sound distant to me (though I admit I don't have one of those amps so I can't do a direct comparison).

Are you sure you don't have some Environmental Effects or something running on your sound card? Mine came set up with some kind of reverb thing active on it (SB Live Digital). Drove me nuts till I found it and disabled it.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by guitar08man View Post
                    hmm, i dont think this would be possible, would you suggest maybe draping a blanket over the entire set up (mic and cabinet?) or would this be a joke.
                    nope, no joke.. I saw the setup in the DRAC studio of Matt Sorum when I was in LA: the amp was placed inside a heavy cabinet (closet wasn't the right word)

Comment

nice sound and good playing. you definately sound older than you are

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Didn't sound distant to me (though I admit I don't have one of those amps so I can't do a direct comparison).

Are you sure you don't have some Environmental Effects or something running on your sound card? Mine came set up with some kind of reverb thing active on it (SB Live Digital). Drove me nuts till I found it and disabled it.
                        hmm, im not sure about the environmental fx. Im running the whole thing through line 6 tone port. I have a mic preamp to cut out some highs, a compressor to raise the volume a little bit, and a noise gate on it so some of the static hiss is eliminated.

Comment

No, not you, I was referring to Child Of Norther's statement that it sounded too distant

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            No, not you, I was referring to Child Of Norther's statement that it sounded too distant
                            oh, oopsies...

Comment

404 link not found?
                              www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

Working...
                              X