TSO Wizards of Winter Vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSO Wizards of Winter Vid

TSO was sponsoring a contest where you could shoot a video of yourself playing Wizards of Winter for a prize. I found out about it last Sunday and didn't have the time to get it down to my satisfaction (it still needs work IMO). Since my crappy digital camera would only allow me to film about 2 minutes at a time, I filmed the last minute, which is the most exciting part anyway. I can't get over how thin and crappy the tone is... Honestly, it doesn't sound that bad in person
    Comments and/or criticism is much appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSWaaQHbF0

dude... sounds great! that's the song i'm trying to do start to finish. just made me realize i have a LONG way to go! :ROTF: TSO is steadily becoming one of my favorite bands. good job
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Thanks alot, I appreciate the comment. This song was deceptively difficult for me to play in the rhythm parts because the B chord stabs that bring you out of the keyboard interludes that happen twice in the tune are on beat four rather than one. I had to count to get it right because it always felt weird to me when I was playing it.

Comment

nice job Steveo...may I suggest trying to playthe single notes before the b chord & rest? it prolly will make it flow a little better when doing this with a one guitar band...btw...what gutar are you using? looks sweet
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks Shawn. Yeah, this one was kinda thrown together. There's alot of stuff I'd like to do with this song. That second interlude is a perfect place for a guitar solo .

Thanks for the compliment on the guitar. It is a Fender American Deluxe FMT Strat (long enough name? ). It is a great guitar.

Comment

Meedley Meedley Meedley Meedley.. Nice!
            DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Working...
            X