Dimebag tribute clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag tribute clip

I recorded a tribute for dime two years ago. I always enjoyed Pantera, but never learned any of their songs. Found a backing track on the net and figured out one of his solos, recorded it pretty quickly. It isn't note for note, but there's some Dime in there. Used the ol' Vetta direct. Anyways, here's what I recorded:

http://members.cox.net/vhpete/cowpetefromhell.mp3

RIP. Some of the guys I've been friends with and in bands with knew Pantera back when they were a club band - from their accounts, Dime was pretty much the guy you heard about - funny, loved to drink but a really nice guy. Why do guys like this get taken out, but Yoko Ono and Bon Jovi will live forever?

Pete

Some really nice playing there!

Comment

Very nice job Pete..that kinda sounded like Lynch doin' Dime in places..I meant that as a compliment.

I never cover stuff, too busy trying to come up with my own crap ..Dime was a huge influence to the intro solo on my song "Scapegoat"..

R.I.P DIME..YOU RULE!!

Bill Z Bub
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Damn. Sounded great, Pete.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Jesus.... That was brilliant. Thanks for posting that!
          DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

nice job Pete!

Comment

When you die can I have your hands???
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sounded great!

Comment

God Damn Pete! that sounded fucking great!!!!
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

"This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Thanks guys. Right about the time Cowboys from Hell came out, I was talking about 'new' band Pantera that was interesting. A few days later, one of the guys who worked for me brought a black and white promo pic of all the Pantera guys glammed up like Poison. He had buddies in a band (Oliver Magnum I think was the band) that had their promo pics done at the same time and they shared some clothing for the shoot. Crazy stuff.

Pete

Comment

Yep, most people don't know CFH was actually Panteras fifth release. I love the earlyer stuff just as much as the other stuff tho - Dimebag's soloing all over the place, at the time he was like Dimebag Van Halen

Comment

True said, the older Pantera is still very kick-ass stuff to listen to. Terry Glaze had something going for him.
                          DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

What happened to Terry anyway?

Comment

EXCELLENT PETE !

Comment

Working...
                              X