GT8 Ozzy clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT8 Ozzy clip

Never really did much recording with the DO's on the GT8, since I have a month of down time between gigs (longest I've had in two years) I tore my pedalboard apart and freed the GT8.

http://members.cox.net/vht50/revelation.mp3

Used a Marshall plexi sim, with a tube screamer boosting it. And a little verb, nothing else. It's fun sometimes to make 'virtual' versions of amps we've owned. Of course, one take, etc... and yeah, there are clams.

Pete

sounds good. wish i could play that

Comment

Nice clip and great playing as usual, Pete.

Does the GT-8 have any type of editor yet? I am itchin' to get one to use as effects module and also as a backup to go direct.

I can't believe the lack of support for that thing. It can sound fabulous, but the manual sucks and you really have to know what you are doing with it.

Have you been able to dial in a good low-mid gain crunch tone with the GT-8 (w/ cab sims)? I have found that the mid gain stuff is the hardest to emulate.

Comment

Hey Fritz!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert....GT8_Editor.exe

It's not perfect, but not too bad. Line6 has the best support, but I really like the GT8. I haven't really messed with mid gain crunch stuff - give me a few examples from songs and I can see what I can come up with.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
          give me a few examples from songs and I can see what I can come up with.
          Running Down a Dream by Tom Petty is probably my favorite low gain crunch tone.

BTW, I picked up a Budda SDII 18 watter. What a great amp! As long as you keep the clean channel clean you don't run into the channel volume issues.

Comment

There's several different editors for the GT8, check out www.bossgtcentral.com for the editors and tons of patches
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Sounds good!!! Would you share the patch with us!
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
              X