Cliffs of Dover intro clip w/loop delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliffs of Dover intro clip w/loop delay

Well, sorta a loop. If you have seen Eric live, he usually has a G 'drone' going on in the background on his intro to cliffs of dover. He's using two delays. I figured out how to get that on my GT8 - this is all recorded 'live' off my GT8 direct to my PC. I was going to hook up my JSX to do it 'right' - but it's too damned late and my wife would kill me. I know it ain't note for note, I was going after the ability to have a G drone in the background, but still have some delay on my guitar that goes over the top. And I think I had too much delay on the overdriven guitar... but hey, it's a start!

http://members.cox.net/vht50/cliffsGT8.mp3

I bought a friggin' Boss Loop Station to do this, and made the GT8 do it instead. So, anyone want to buy a nice RC20XL looper?

Pete

pretty cool. nice comping on the chordal stuff. If you want any type of objective input.. I've seen clips of Eric doing this..the background loop should be a tad louder IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
      pretty cool. nice comping on the chordal stuff. If you want any type of objective input.. I've seen clips of Eric doing this..the background loop should be a tad louder IMO.
      thanks man. Yeah, I know it needs a little refinement, I'm just stoked I figured it out. The GT8 isn't supposed to do this... I found a glitch. If you crank the sub delay feedback to 100%, it stays ON when you turn the delay off. If you don't turn it off, then everything you play keeps getting delayed. At least, I think it's a glitch, I didn't see it documented in the manual. Only bad thing is, the only way to get it off is to change entire patches, as it keeps going... and going... and going. But it does drop in level very slowly. Close enough for government work!

Pete

Comment

Pete's energizer patch.

It be even more cool if it could change keys! but hey...if that effect isn't something covered.. I'd be scratching my head going "hmm, will this void my warranty?"I wonder if other modelers can be tweaked into the same zone?

Comment

That sounds awesome man, that clean sound is to die for...How closely can you replicate that sound through an amp..?

Comment

Thanks. I think I can get pretty close to it... I really dig the GT8.

Pete

Comment

Working...
            X