Video of my playing the Symphony of Destruction solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of my playing the Symphony of Destruction solo

I've never posted a video before, so I thought I'd post one. I used my Charvel San Dimas Reissue, a Randall RM50 head (XTC module), through a Recto 2x12. Crappy audio and video courtesy of a digital camera. Enjoy!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1421843367

Very nice scuba steve!

Pete

Comment

Not bad! Much better than I could play it right now.

I NEEED to point out one little thing though, and it's got nothing to do with your video.

The symbol you're making with your hand in your profile picture is American sign language for "I love you," not the "devil horns" sign your facial expression would indicate you think you're making. Get that thumb tucked in where it belongs, buddy! Someone who can play like that should know better!

Comment

great dude.... nice axe too..

Comment

Nice... now we are waiting for Tornado of Souls solo

Comment

Nice playing. I enjoyed watching it.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Not bad, did you learn it by ear or by tabs? I've seen a few variations of it and the ones I've found make that really high end of the ascending run tricky. Was wondering if there is a "right" way to do it.

Comment

Thanks guys! As you can see by my clunky right hand, this type of playing is kinda outside my domain. Definitely good practice through.

I learned that solo through a combination of tab, ear, and hacking my way through it

I found three tabs and they were all different so I took parts from each, and in some cases (the first quick ascending arpeggio run), rearranged the fingerings to suit me. I hunted for a live version with Marty playing it on YouTube and Google Video, but everytime the solo came up, the camera flashed away.

Comment

That was great, Steve! I like how you handled Marty's wacked out vibrato.
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Marty is a true virtuoso.

Comment

Steve my man..I keep getting "errors" with that little crying smiley..friggin' myspace..

I'm sure it's very good man..I'll try again later..I love that solo.

Bill Z
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I put it up on youtube as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHBZOFXVsU4

Comment

Cool deal Steve, very well done!!

..now play Freebird..the extended version..

Bill Z
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Freebird?! I'm still trying to get this solo right.

Comment

Nice job,
                              I agree with Megadeth79, Tornado Of Souls is another nice one to learn...one of my favorite Marty solos. I still cop licks from it all the time..

I used to play "Symphony" in my old cover band. That was several years ago, but I remember having to fake my way through parts of it when I was learning it. Don't remember how I played it tho...

Comment

Working...
                              X