Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Johnson sig strat clips

http://members.cox.net/ampclips/EJ_strat_demo.mp3

Recorded with my EJ strat. used the neck and middle/neck positions. Was just goofing around, it's one take, just recorded as it happened. Was playing around with some different chord voicings and such.

I also modded it with a hot rails in the bridge, but haven't recorded clips of that yet. I know some people are going to think I'm nuts for doing that, but it really helps the guitar for overdrive rock tones.

Pete

mmm, Crystal clears. I need a single coil

What kinda amp settings were u using there. Im guessing that was the vetta?

Comment

nope, sold the vetta over a year ago. $80 J-station.

Pete

Comment

Possibly the cleanest playing I've ever heard from an mp3-submission.. That was beautiful
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Yeah - really nice - clean - cool!
          Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
            nope, sold the vetta over a year ago. $80 J-station.

Pete
            Cool stuff Pete!
            I F***ING LOVE the J-station... have had mine for a good 6 yrs or so..

Comment

Pete: Sounds good! I've got a USA Hamer Daytona strat and I've been considering putting a HB in a single coil housing of some sort in that guitar. How much volume difference is there when switching from the Hot Rails to the other pickups? Does this create problems? Thanks.

Comment

This is the best sound and playing i have heard from you Pete Just an opinion though

Comment

nice-you put that through an all tube amp with spring reverb and it would sound greatjstations are great mind you,i love their modern high gain tones.

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. Chad - depends on how high you have it set physically. In other words, you can put the Hot Rails way down in the pickguard if you need to equalize the volumes. I prefer to have it hotter than the singles, so I can get a 'boost' in volume. Also, if you run a compressor it will take out some of the volume differences too.

Pete

Comment

You my friend, have skills!!!

That sounded great!

Comment

...makes me wanna pick up my MIM strat and give it a whirl. I love those jazzy chords on the strat! Great job!
                        E = Fb

Comment

Working...
                        X