guess the guitar video clip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guess the guitar video clip!

I don't show the headstock, see if you can figure out what it is. Winner gets a no-prize!

http://members.cox.net/vht50/PegSolo.wmv

Recorded this morning, obviously one take, etc... plus the damn vid freezes at one point. I'm home from work sick, so some of my note choices might be on the interesting side. And yes, I know the sweeps where I faded were pretty goofulous.

Pete

Is it a Les Paul? I can't tell without seeing the headstock.
    Good playing though....that's one of my favorite Led Zeppelin tunes.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I wish I could be high and/or drunk all day like you, Mark!

Comment

It's the paint fumes what does it. :P
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I'm guessing one of those music-yo kramers. The 12th fret dots are really far apart, much like on a Gibson. I've seen the Music-yo kramers have this spread dot pattern. Maybe an Epiphone strat?
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

It's obviously a custom guitar because you're so good you've got to be one of those players who play exclusively one-off custom guitars
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I am guessing Fender Squire Strat. I was trying to count the frets. It looks like 21 but your fingers kept getting in the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  I am guessing Fender Squire Strat. I was trying to count the frets. It looks like 21 but your fingers kept getting in the way!!
                  That's what I'm thinking as well.
                  Single ply pickguard and if I counted correctly, not enough screws in the PG to be an american or mexi strat.
                  -Rick

Comment

Strat? Killer playing as usual!

Comment

Thanks guys. Y'all are some observent dudes... It's a squire a buddy got for $70 at a yard sale and wanted me to restring/set up. I'm not going to go grab one up, but I was screwing around with it and kinda liked how it sounded. Amp used was a J-station - total rig cost for guitar and 'amp' - $150.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                        Thanks guys. Y'all are some observent dudes... It's a squire a buddy got for $70 at a yard sale and wanted me to restring/set up. I'm not going to go grab one up, but I was screwing around with it and kinda liked how it sounded. Amp used was a J-station - total rig cost for guitar and 'amp' - $150.

Pete

Don't I win something??
                        Pete, email me your shipping address. I still need to send that rack mount enclosure out to you.
                        John G

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                          Recorded this morning, obviously one take, etc... plus the damn vid freezes at one point.
                          I was gonna say, Wow your fingers must've moved SUPER FAST there!

Awesome man!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            I was gonna say, Wow your fingers must've moved SUPER FAST there!

Awesome man!

hehe, Thanks Ron. I actually left a lot of stuff on my PC while I was recording that - it affected frame rates pretty bad there towards the middle.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                            X