Fruity Loops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruity Loops

does anyone have any tutorials for this thing.
    A friend of mine gave me a copy and I can't register it (because he did) and all their online tutorials are for registered owners.
    I have a ton of ideas for Original stuff I'd like to lay down and I have no idea how to program drums.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

first get some good drum and cymbal samples and import them to the FL.
    Or you can make a soundfont file with special soundfont software, you take all the kit samples and make a one file.

The simplest way to program the beats are just marking the boxes.
    For more advanced stuff you can use the piano roll where you can easily move the sounds to right place and make them sound short or long.
    If you are using separate samples then you have to use the piano roll for each sample channel. If you are using a soundfont file then you have the whole kit in the piano roll in specific order...like C note is the snare, C# is a kick drum, D is Hi-Tom1 etc.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

is thee a way to import a midi from say guitar pro that I've exported and make the drums sound more "real"?

Comment

yes, but you can make them sound more "real" only by using soundfonts.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

You gotta use soundfonts. There are some good drum soundfonts around.

Comment

The 90% drums in my clips are from FL Studio. I highly recommend buying a reg code. YOu get free lifetime updates and their website is full of video tutorials. They teach you a lot. There are also a bunch of free drumkits for download to use with the FPC plugin.
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

you know, I think you're right. I'm dying to lay down some original stuff and I can't get a freaking drum track going.
              what's this thing cost?

Comment

I didn't like the fruty loop interface and am too impatient to figure it out as well

I bought Drum kit from Hell a while ago but have yet to try it out
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

You DON'T need Soundfonts to put the whole kit in one Piano Roll...I've imported Guitar Pro files before. It's really tricky to set up though.

Basically you add a new "Layer" (it's just like adding a new "Sampler" except you select Layer). Make sure you already have Samplers open for all your drums. Then you go into the Layer options window with all your Samplers selected and hit "Set Children". And then you go to each individual window for the Samplers and set the piano roll to only be active on one key each and set the home key to that key so it's not pitchshifted.

If you can't figure it out I'm not gonna bother to type it in more detail because it's so much easier to explain in person, but maybe Fruityloops talks about Layers in the help file.

Comment

Also, here's a tutorial I made covering some things in Fruityloops that people always bitch about not being able to do, when they can clearly be done...

http://www.cjmmachinery.com/FL/index.html

Comment

Working...
                    X