A couple of my bands tunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of my bands tunes

We got a decent recording from last practice of a couple of new original songs my band Downfall is working on. There were no solos recorded during the practice since I wanted to get some backing tracks to work with and we are still getting the songs under our fingers. I did overdub the main harmony solo in Damaged and a short solo idea after the first verse. I haven't come up with anything for Linger yet... hopefully I will by Thursday when we play them live for the first time There are some mistakes, and our bass player learned them both about a half hour before we recorded them... you get the idea.

Any comments on the tunes, arrangements, etc... are always welcome. Also, I'm curious to hear what you guys think of my tone on this... I've been using my Classic 50 quite a bit and I really dig how it sounds. Gear? Epiphone Elitest Les Paul Standard with Dimarzios (Tone Zone/Paf Pro), Peavey Classic 50 with a Bad Monkey (level dimed, gain 0) boost, through a Mesa Recto 2x12.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=593713
    Last edited by khabibissell; 08-27-2006, 01:43 AM.

Pretty cool stuff you've got there. The music itself isn't quite my cup o' tea, but it's ripping nonetheless. Keep it up!

-Paul
    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to listen. These tracks are totally unmixed or anything, taken straight from the recorder at practice. I played things as straight as possible so I could come up with fills and whatnot later. Normally, I'm a bit more obnoxious than this We also normally have a rhythm guitar player, but he wasn't at this practice.

Again, thanks for the comment. If ayone else has anything to say about these, even negative stuff, it is welcome.

Comment

Working...
      X