Some of my playing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my playing...

I'm sorta' new here on the JCF and never really posted a proper introduction, so i figured I'd introduce myself through my playing. You can check it out here: http://www.myspace.com/paulszostak

Please do leave some sort of criticism if you can, I'd like to improve both my recording techniques and the way I play!

Thanks,
    -Paul
    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

I listened to a few clips all in its entirety. I like the aggression factor when it is there. I think you have a good picking and palm mute thing going.

Criticism wise.. IMO.. I would use less effects.. pitch shift/harmonizer/time based.
    It sounds like a cross between 80's nu-wave and metal. If you are to track harmonies.. do them ala Brian May..multi overdubbed but with limited effects.
    I realize there's no real bass happening and I perceive this as a way to fatten up the sound and make lines more full.
    I also think when you're young.. effects (and older for that matter) tend to get used to mask the playing.
    You would likely not ever hear a true purist approach classical player use alot of delay or pitch shift.

If you force yourself to play less and less w/o effects and listen to how you are playing through an amp.. I think it serves as a means of being more objective in cleaning up and improving technique.
    Last edited by charvelguy; 08-24-2006, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I really liked Beyond Within! Good job! You sure have some talent!
      But as charvelguy mentioned already, you use too much effect IMO. How long have you been playing guitar btw?

I've sent you friends request btw .

Comment

Wow, thanks alot guys! Yeah, I do use alot of effects, I guess it's what I get for buying the Line 6 SpiderII hehe. I've been playing for roughly 3 years now, maybe more, but not less. Once again, much appreciated, I will work on getting a little more barebones, you stated some great points.

-Thanks,
        Paul
        DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Working...
        X