No announcement yet.

Your "Feel Good" song of the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I really want to run away...but I have no place to go..

So I stay home and escape in my music..like you do.

Jail would be a vacation for me as long as I have my music and some good books..

I may as well rob a bank or amored car..I know how...I was a cop..

If I get busted..it's still a win/'win situation...cool!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Em I thought that was beautiful.
      I don't really listen to clips from a "production" point of view (partly because my recordings always sound like shit) but I try to listen as a "listener" not a musician, which is a shortcoming I think far too many of us fall into.
      We are always so critical of "technical" aspects that sometimes we just forget how to listen to a song as a 'song".
      I am curious to see how this will sound with a vocal track on it, you could make something really nice out of this.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

totally enjoyed it. thanks!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Everyone: Awesome, kickass, thanks mucho!

Originally posted by kmanick
          Em I thought that was beautiful.
          I don't really listen to clips from a "production" point of view (partly because my recordings always sound like shit) but I try to listen as a "listener" not a musician, which is a shortcoming I think far too many of us fall into.
          We are always so critical of "technical" aspects that sometimes we just forget how to listen to a song as a 'song".
          I am curious to see how this will sound with a vocal track on it, you could make something really nice out of this.

Kmanick: I totally agree with you, man. I call this "The Monet Syndrome". Get too close and analytical and the whole thing looks like shit. Step back and take it all in and you see it for the true intended vision.
          Anywho, I don't know that I will put a vocal track on this one, though it could be a possibility and I did muse over that idea. I have another one that is an instrumental that I had never "heard" (meaning, heard in my head) vocals on until I listened to it again recently. I finally heard vocals on it and added them, now it sounds even better. At least, to me it does.

-Em

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
            Sometimes I really want to run away...but I have no place to go..

So I stay home and escape in my music..like you do.

Jail would be a vacation for me as long as I have my music and some good books..
            I hear ya, bro! However, instead of a jail cell I would just like to please have a padded room aaaaaall to myself. That would suit me just dandy.

Comment

ohhh padded cell...
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That was great, I feel at peace with myself now!
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Peace and a padded cell... sounds good to me!
                  Thanks for listening, guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X