• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original song - PC drummer experiment

Paid $49 for the full version of this program:

www.pcdrummer.com

and slammed this together for the fun of it:

http://members.cox.net/vht50/Swirl%20Mark%20Remover.mp3

Looks like I can replace their drum sounds with my samples if I want, and it's incredibly easy to do weird stuff with the drums. I'm obviously NOT a drummer, but I had fun with this.

Pete

Cool! I like it!

Comment

thanks man! it's kinda welrd with the backward guitar harmonies, but I had a good time recording it.

Pete

Comment

thats sounded good pete but was very low volume wise on WMP

Comment

Justin - really? weird... I put it through T-racks and had it pretty slammin, guess I need to double check. thanks!

Pete

Comment

Sounded good volume-wise via Quicktime player in the Browser (IE).

Checked out the program as well (downloaded the demo). Doesn't seem to have certain necessary options - like clearing out a whole song/pattern at once. Looks like it's made for those who already know drum theory - i.e. you should know how a pattern is going to sound already, so there's no need for an eraser

I edited the Blank Pattern and tried to erase what I put into it, but once I selected the Triplet and then went back, it left the note as a Triplet. Looks like I'll be sticking with GP3

Anyhoo, great track, as usual, Pete
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

NEWC! How ya been buddy? haven't seen ya on in forever, but I don't go through the entire board often. Thanks for the kind words. You can erase by making the drum hit 0% on volume. I've never seen the perfect drum machine program, but this one works well for me. I just put my Zoom RT-123 on ebay - hopefully it will cover the cost of the program.

Pete

Comment

sounds ok now pete somehow my wave level dropped in the audio mixer?strange as its never touched.lol.sounded great,well done

Comment

Pete - Been lost in Oblivion on the Xbox 360 Man, that game's almost as addicting as buying guitars
                  Considering I got it for the PC also (so I can use make my own levels, which I haven't done yet), it IS as addicting as buying guitars

Anyhoo, I did try the Erase function, but after setting the volume for a given bar, I then clicked Triplet for the note and it split it into 3 pieces in the same bar. When I click Erase, it only erases the first segment, leaving me with the other two hits. Even if I click something other than Triplet, it still won't clear until I exit the program.

But it's no biggie - I got GP3 and finally got my head somewhat around things other than whole and half notes
                  Now all I gotta do is concentrate on time sigs other than 4/4

Plus I'm having enough fun with the SR16 and QSR for drums - pick a preset and play with the kit and the tempo - got 12 songs and I'm using the same pattern in 9 of them
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X