X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kewl 80's metal vibe...
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Sounds excellent, singer too! Great Rhythm sections!! Like 80's Krokus or Saxon.

Comment

i enjoyed that a lot! great playin, matt!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Good stuff Matt. what amps and cabs man or was it a rack system? Jack.

Comment

I really liked that all around. Cool tune, nice playing and I liked the singer...he could actually SING, what a concept! Why didn't you guys like him? No cookiemonster vocals?

Not the prettiest guy though.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Nice job Matt. Everyone was having fun!
              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Sounds great!!

Comment

the sound is awesome i love it.. singer isnt bad..
                  sort of reminds me of "living the life" by steel dragon.. some part of it atlest
                  Last edited by MichaelLitvak; 08-17-2006, 09:42 PM.
                  If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Great job Matt, that was excellent! Nice playing!

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Loved it! Great playing Matt. The singer was great...looks like my twin.

Alvin
                      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Dude, that was awesome!
                        I see some are complaning about the singer, I thought he was great, but perhaps he's a bit nervous in a live setting with audience?
                        Wouldn't hurt if he'd move around some more, show a bit more enthusiasm you know, get the crowd going!
                        Ok, so maybe he wasn't hitting every note perfectly, but not everyone has a perfect day every day, especially not singers.. I reccon he could hide any bum notes behind some agressive growling/screaming, maybe ala early Annihilator etc, but not sure if you wanna do that.
                        Anyways, I freakin' loved it, you reminded me a bit of Jeff Waters from where you were standing
                        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Matt nice tone. But then why wouldnt it be you were playin a Jackson. lol
                          couldnt hear the bass too well but the rest sounded good. although i gotta say the singer didnt thrill me.
                          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by SGplayer
                            Sounds excellent, singer too! Great Rhythm sections!! Like 80's Krokus or Saxon.
                            I was thinking Laaz Rockit.

cool track, Matt. I enjoyed that
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelLitvak
                              the sound is awesome i love it.. singer isnt bad..
                              sort of reminds me of "living the life" by steel dragon.. some part of it atlest
                              I was thinking Stell Dragon too. Great guitar sound and love the riff
                              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Thanks folks. That was kinda near the end of a 2 hour set so we weren't jumping around as much. I guess I will take the comments on the singer as a style prefrence. We are big time 80's influenced.

My setup is an SL2H with EMG 81/85 into a Digitech RP14d (I yanked the stock Sovtek pre-amp tube for an Electro-Harmonics). It has a boatload of effects but for the most part I run it pretty straight forward with a touch of Chorus. From there I run Stereo into a Dod dual 15 band EQ to a Mesa 20/20 power amp and then into a Crate Blue Voodoo 4x12.

The mix was run straight off the mixing board so we are at the mercy of the knob turner and it looks like the light guy took a little break at the begining of that song.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X