X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Halen GT8 clip

Still learning the box...

http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/ReallyGotMeGT8.mp3

found a patch that was close, tweaked it for my setup. Not perfect, but not too bad imho. BTW, enjoy the clams toward the end of the solo. My G string started slipping when I did the huge bend at the end - I had the string dang near off the fretboard.

Pete

Sounds awesome! Were did you get that backing track?
    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Great playing as usual, Pete. Tone is pretty solid as well.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Thanks guys. found the backing on the net, had to drop it 1/2 step. Old van halen is not played tuned to 440!

Pete

Comment

Sounds great!

Comment

You nailed the sound!

Comment

Sounds cool Pete..

here's one of the song John posted in that Atomik Punk thread..yeah they are "punks"..

it'a basement live recording we did over 10 years ago..basically..so keep that in mind..

He's using a JMP-1 and Peavey 120/120 on this one..

Oh..here's the link..Duh!!

Virtual Halen...

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/doctor.mp3
              Last edited by horns666; 07-30-2006, 11:26 AM.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That sounds great Twister. Do you like the GT8 better than a XT Live?

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                  Sounds cool Pete..

here's one of the song John posted in that Atomik Punk thread..yeah they are "punks"..

it'a basement live recording we did over 10 years ago..basically..so keep that in mind..

Virtual Halen...

Holy shit, that ROCKS!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by tlingen
                    That sounds great Twister. Do you like the GT8 better than a XT Live?
                    Thanks, yeah I do!

Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete ..that was a quick live tape over 10 years ago..

we did it pretty good..."show" and all..the show was half the fun!!

If I had to put together a VH tribute from here..I guess that would be YOU!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                        Holy shit, that ROCKS!

Pete
                        I am lovin that shit. Thats what I call.... TRIBUTE!!!

Comment

Thanks John..I wished I had copies of this stuff to send you guys..I think you would really like it!!

especially the vid..it was a lot of fun!!

Comment

Ther's more on that Atomic Punk thread..I know we could blow them out of the water as a whole..the guitarist are close..that's it..

All I hear is Atomic Punks..this and that..they are GOOD..but they're not us..so "show your love.." over there if ya will..

YOU guys nail that stuff better than most people here..so you have ALL the credibility ..from me anywhoo..both you John and Pete..

Bill

Comment

asd

Originally posted by horns666
                              Sounds cool Pete..

Virtual Halen...

Sorry for stealing the thread .lol but Horns666 damn man that sounded really good ,i just cant\believe how good that guitar sound is , could you tell me what gear that guitarist was using

Comment

Working...
                              X