Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First GT-8 clip - live noodling w/cliffs intro

http://members.cox.net/vht50/CliffsOfGT-8.mp3

I'm still figuring this box out - noticed after I recorded that I'm clipping a bit on the cleans. Oh well. One thing that amazes me about this gizmo is that everything on this clip was one patch. Within the same patch I:

Set a delay hold (at the start, the G drone)
    Activated a Boss Slow Gear (the part where the clean guitar fades into each note for the most part)
    Changed channels (each patch can contain two totally seperate channels)
    Noodled around with a lead tone, then hit the Slow Gear again and it totally screwed stuff up
    Then I activated an additional 2 part intelligent harmony and closed it out.

Once I learn how to navigate it, I'll work more on the tones. One really bizarre thing about the GT-8 is that you can run it with four cables into a guitar amp and use your guitar amp's preamp in the effects loop. Each effect can be put ANYWHERE in the chain... so what you do is run your preamp for your tube amp in the loop, and then you can run the boost or overdrive pedals BEFORE the tube amp, ditto for the wah - and other things after it. This also means I can have 'tube' patches with my guitar amp providing the preamp tones, and also 'GT-8' preamp patches using the modelling. This is one thing the Pod XTL will never be able to do since it lacks an effect loop.

I think once I get a little more time invested in this, I'm going to really love it. I've had it two days and keep finding amazing stuff. I figured out how to add resonance to the cab emulations AFTER I recorded this... dangit.

Pete

Interesting!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Do you have the GT-8 Editor? Makes editing much easier. There's also a dude in Australia that made a tutorial DVD that covers the GT-8 from the top to bottom.
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I like how that sounds!!! VERY cool!

Comment

thanks guys. It's a weird little box, that's for sure. Full of potential!

Pete

Comment

it's funny pete, i'm always craving different sounds and am a pedal guy. but i won't tell you how many times i almost pushed the BIN on a gt6 or gt8.

yours isounds terrific and it's only in the initial stages.

Comment

Hey Pete, sounds good. Funny... I had problems with my GT-6 clipping. It clipped occasionally for a few reasons. If the signal was too hot or if I had too many effects stacked up. I love the tone of it though. Its VERY real sounding. The Vetta does a much better job of laying down a totally saturated hot track with no clipping. Just my .02 of course.

Comment

I never had trouble with the Vetta clipping internally, but it must be an issue with the GT stuff - because there are like 10 places to check levels. I'll figure it out though!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                  I never had trouble with the Vetta clipping internally, but it must be an issue with the GT stuff - because there are like 10 places to check levels. I'll figure it out though!

Pete
                  Clipping will occur with the Boss GT even if you have too many effects stacked up.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                    Clipping will occur with the Boss GT even if you have too many effects stacked up.
                    Maybe they fixed it in the GT8 - I'm not hearing it.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                    X