Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Van halen medley

I found this on guitars101.com
    great clip to remind me how f'n great this band was.
    the guy doing this has got eddie down pretty good too.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=21122

man so many great tunes
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Awsome post man...thanks for the link.....that old VH stuff is soooo awsome. That guy really has a great handle on his style.
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

That guy is pretty tight, and he has nice tone...but he is no Strat78. THAT guy sounds better than Eddie playing his own stuff.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I think VHoholic has got the tone down really well too.
        strat78 uses a Pod, Vhoholic uses a 5150, his clips sound pretty much right on too.
        Ever hear Strat78 do "I'm the One"? It's better than Eddie doing it himself
        I like this guys tone too it captures all of the early VH albums pretty well without nailing a single one of them.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
          I think VHoholic has got the tone down really well too.
          strat78 uses a Pod, Vhoholic uses a 5150, his clips sound pretty much right on too.
          Ever hear Strat78 do "I'm the One"? It's better than Eddie doing it himself
          I like this guys tone too it captures all of the early VH albums pretty well without nailing a single one of them.
          I have all of Strat78's clips saved. I use them as the benchmark. I have heard them all...his "On Fire" stuns me.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[Please ignore me. More than usual. ]
            Last edited by axtogrind; 06-15-2006, 10:16 PM.
            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I was quite impressed. I mean, Eddie's tone DID change alot, from song to song, but this was a nice, broad, representation of it, although I thought it needed a tad more highs, and a little less mid, just a slight amount. Eddie's tone sometimes had a bit of hair on the upper end, if you know what I mean.
              This guy was no, slouch, by far. Wish I had a link to Strat78's stuff.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
              X