Audition Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audition Solo

This was recorded using a POD straight into the computer with a parts mutt strat. The rhythm is a download I found somewhere on the internet…I only played the solo over top of it. This was originally recorded as an audition for Icarus Witch, a Pittsburgh based metal band. They said they loved it but I was late in getting it to them and they had already hired another guitarist.
    Check it out.

http://sucker-punch.net/rupe.mp3

Re: Audition Solo

Holy crap that was great!

I love it when players grab the vibe with bends and shitloads of vibrato! So much better than just shredding your head off every second of the solo!

This rocked! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

very nice, the backing music sounds Dokken-ish as does some of your lead work especially around 1:25

Comment

sweet. i love my pod.

Comment

Great job! That kicked butt!!!!!

Comment

DUDE, John and I know their ex-guitarist Greg..

cool man...yes, I hear some Dokken/Lynch inluences..which would have fit nicely in that band...I got their EP..The Alice Cooper cover was the best song on it..and I'm not one for "covers"..

I met the guys at BW & BK....nice guys.

Pssssst..Greg isn't in the band anymore...and your playing smokes his. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Actually he got mad at me I think..he wrote their song Dragon Rider..which inspired my whole "Dragon Humper" thing.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It sucks I'm not in Pittsburgh anymore or I'd contact them again...Denver would be one hell of a commute. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Lynch was definitely a big influence on me back in the 80's and it comes out when I improvise over a progression like that.
              Thanks everyone for the all kind words [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice clip Rupe, some cool guitar playing goin on there.

I was in Pittsburgh for a while around 86 or so and that place sucked for original music, espically anything metal. I could score all the jazz and top 40 gigs that I could handle if i wanted to tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

very nice. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Nice! Good tone and good feel. I woulda hired ya.

Comment

I hear the Lynch influence big time, sounds good!!

Comment

awesome playing...great sound/tone too...
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Shawn...Pittsburgh still sucks for original music. There were a few cool clubs that no longer exist (Decade, Someplace Else) but you're right, it was covers or starve.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Comment

Working...
                          X