Psalm Of Lydia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psalm Of Lydia

I swear im gonna stop posting soon! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but ive been recording stuff all the time and i want to share as much of it around........ This is the intro and sweep riffs from the song Psalm Of Lydia by Nevermore. (Get the album "This Godless Endevour" now if you havent) The drums are midi, guitars are on a Digitech 2101 as im sure you all know by now. Hopefully ill post a full song one day......better still one that i wrote [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Anyway, just trying to keep the MP3 section fully stocked. http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...Y2ZIFXPRRK9S7P

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Re: Psalm Of Lydia

I have to be honest...I don't usualy give a shit about someone doing a cover ..even tho it may be spot on.

I mean no disrespect by that comment. I'd much rather hear a great original than a well done copy.

Jeff Loomis is a motherfucker, My favorite metal player ..and surely one fucker to nail..you did that very well...so I must give you the kudos!!!

You are a very good player ..judging you by this sample..get a band and write some awesome stuff..you are ceratinly capable.

Do that..and I'll be listening and probably praising everything you post! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bub
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

hahaha thanks man......im writing with a band now and waiting for our shit to get together......you know how it is.......Its gonna be a while before we can get together

Comment

That's cool man..well keep, me posted on that if your band ever puts out anything..I'll buy it!

Hopefully I can get my crap up and running again when my son's wrestling season is over..it just takes up too much of my time..

You're probably the first MP3 cover I actually commented on in the four year I been here..like i said..covers to me..well it's OK I guess..but the pay off isn't worth the effort..not for me.

But I want people figuring out my shit..yep, that's my goal...that's why I play guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It was the "Jeff Loomis" thing that pulled me in here.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I love that fucker..but I'm not going to cover any of his riffs soon..I'll let them inspire some of my own tho. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You did a very good job, and you are a great player!

Bill

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thanks man.......i love loomis's shit soooo much....i just found out about nevermore and him like a month ago and it absolutely blew me away! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I been friends with the band since '96...seen and partied with Jeff and the guys everytime they come thru Cleveland...been on the bus a few times..ech one a silly experience.

I even drove to Jeff's womans house to pick up a video camera to tape the show..and it came out like shit..ehh..

He's a very humble dude..he thought I was full of shit when I told him that he will amoung the greats in years to come..he just laughed and thought I was full of shit...

The first time I heard and seen Nevermore..I just froze...it was like something I never heard before..it was the whole package..and Jeff is just a MONSTER.

I learned "The river Dragon" the other week..I was foolin' with my kids amp..and It just happend..all by ear..but it's pretty spot on..except for some of the solo parts..which I just don't have the patience to sit and learn note for note..that's too much like "worK'..but you put in the effort to get it and you did..that's cool..

if you were to play that live..most people would think that would be an original..except for your band and me..that's why I don't do covers..unless it's for money and everone knows the song..and the more popular the song is ..the less I want to play it..does that make sense?

I was in a VH tribute band..but I played bass..so my job was easy as shit..I was so bored but we made tons of dough doing it!

Comment

Thats awsome you got to chill with loomis!! Lucky man.......he is definitly one of the best metal guitar players without a doubt........I only have the newest album right now but im gonna go pick up more soon....

Comment

Get them ALL man..seriously all of them..they all kill!!

You'll love them even more..I guarantee you!!

Yeah, Tim Calvert (ex-forbidden) was with them one year "Dreaming neon black"..he gave Jeff a run for his money..seriously..Steve Smyth is cool..but NOT that cool!

well anywhoo Tim Calvert and I hit it off..gave me his phone # and I gave him a police badge..he went nuts when he saw it..so I gave it to him..he had to quit the band and is a pilot for a commercial airline..Metal wasn't paying the bills at the time..how unfortunate!

Comment

That sucks man......its too bad it isnt easier to make a living off metal......Music is way too amazing to ever imagine not being able to do it for a living. It SUCKS that popular mainstream music is soo shitty....but then again thats why metal is soo much cooler i guess.......Youre so lucky you get to meet all these guys..... [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I forgot to ask.......do you have any songs out? Id love to hear some if youve got it off hand.....

Comment

I have a demo several pages back..Bill Z Bub's Bed Of Nails..it's just a barrowed four trk 1980's tape machine I did on a weekend for a local DJ that was up my ass to what we were all about..because he was a big fan of my singer of another local band that got signed to Massacre and Nightmare records.

hardly any solos..just songs ideas mainly..not enough tracks..I had to barrow the singers track for a solo when he wasn't singing..

It's basically me on all guitars bass and my singer and a hack drummer that couldn't play to a click track to save his life..

I'll see if I can find the page..

Comment

Here is the thread..

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=6#557254

Comment

Solid man.....quite heavy......id love to hear you guys put out a full cd great vocals too.........I liked the intro with the vocals on high speed death roll!.....I wish i had some of my own stuff together to show you....all i have are odds and ends of riffs and shit.....if youre interested i could throw acouple of them up cause i think they actually sound pretty cool. Good stuff man

Comment

Thank you..I have another song all ready to go for Ty to sing on..it' has a Death/Coroner thing going.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I would love to hear some of your original ideas and whatnots..you have my attention man..please do!

Thanks again..to bad we wern't closer ..I think are musical taste and styles would blend very nicely. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Not many dudes around here like playing this kinda stuff..mostly "hair" metal crap around here..biggest local BS around here is Mushroomhead and Billy Morris of Warrant...Ohhh whooooopie! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...00E0RUDHK2AC44

Just a couple riffs with a drum track......just wrote it the other day......You can definitly tell i like nevermore hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X