guitar tracks pro questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar tracks pro questions

I'm bidding on one on the bay. My question is...if the owner already registered it, will it work for me? Amplitube and all?
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Re: guitar tracks pro questions

It'd work, but since there's no way for Cakewalk to know that he's really not still using it, you'll have a hard time registering for upgrade pricing on things.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hmm, think I'll pass then, I was outbid anyway.
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

newc... is there a huge differance between guitar tracks pro 3 and sonar home studio xl? (sorry for the hijack)
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          newc... is there a huge differance between guitar tracks pro 3 and sonar home studio xl? (sorry for the hijack)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, there's a pretty big difference. GT Pro doesn't have midi capabilities, Home Studio does. Home Studio XL is the better way to go I think.

GT Pro is pretty cool, easy to use and understand. I haven't played with Home Studio much yet, but looks kickass.

I do find myself using Acid Pro 5 more than anything though.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

now, on gt pro, if I understand correctly...amplitude or whatever its called, when you record, you can't hear it, right? I mean, I heard somewhere that you record dry and then add the effects??? I'm lost. If you can't hear the distortion, you don't know if you're doing it right. Or am I a complete moron?

Comment

no... you can hear the effects while you play. (they're not very good though). for an extra cost (more software) you can make it sound authenic. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
              Amp... Pioneer
              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I'm not too crazy about amplitude to be honest. Just doesn't do much for me. As dk2magic said, for an extra cost on software you can make it sound good. The Amplitude you get as a software bundle is more a of demo. I have 2 versions of it, one that came with GT Pro and the Musicians Friend version I got when I bought Home Studio XL. Neither tickles me.

When I record I usually find a good distorted sound I like from one of the sources I use, but I don't put any other effects in it, like chorus, reverb, etc. I do that at mix down.

On a side note, one tool I found to be a must have in my digital recording toolbox is the BBE sonic maximizer.

Comment

I'm just looking for an affordable way to make a few decent sounding songs without having to get a degree in computer science. The rifftracker is looking better all the time...just don't know if I have enough ram, I have 512mb and the website says that 384 is the minimum. However, when I run their compatibility software (monkey something or other) it says I only have 510mb of ram. Thought I only needed 384... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

The line 6 stuff can be tempermental. I have the Guitar Port and it complains about one of my cd drives not being set to DMA for some reason, but still works fine.

I'm not familiar with riff tracker, but I've heard decent things about it. If the minimum is 384 Megs and you have 512 Megs it should run fine. It's probably just reporting on the free system ram instead of the total ram you have. I'd definitely talk to their tech support first though.

RAM is dirt cheap these days so you could always upgrade if you really need to couldn't you?

Comment

quadperson i'm going to pull the trigger on sonar home studio myself... from what i've personaly researched line 6 software is good, but to get the most out of it you need to subscribe to something they offer. home studio xl is about 129.00 and you can plug in your pedals, amps, and ect... then adjust them at mixdown with the tools the program gives you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

That would be the best way to go I think. Plenty of room for expansion as you learn. With riff tracker you are fairly limited.

The subscription service is to Guitar Port Online. Great idea, but not enough bang for the buck in my opinion. I was subscribed at one time and downloaded a few lesson things. After I cancelled the subscription the lessons quit working. Kind of lame.

Comment

Working...
                        X