Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My band is in the studio this week. 80's-ish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My band is in the studio this week. 80's-ish?

Hey all,

My band Cold Filtered is in the studio this week. This is one of the 9 songs on our upcoming CD. We're a bunch of 30 something dudes that grew up on Maiden, Dokken, Crue, etc. We tried to capture that spirit, but with a slightly more modern groove.

Guitar used - Jackson SL2H Copperhead
    Amp used - Marshall JCM 800 ZW with MXR ZW Overdrive

What do you think? The song that this link is to is called "Pure". It's one of the more radio friendly songs, there are others that are heavier. Comments?

Pure

Re: My band is in the studio this week. 80\'s-ish?

Man that was very cool! Right up my 80's metal alley. I too grew up in that era and I like the same bands. The musicianship all around is very professional and the vocalist is awesome. Vocals remind me of Jason McMaster from Dangerous Toys.

I would buy an album of material like this in a second. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Please post more..I do love the heavier stuff as well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That was awesome! The 80's stuff is all I listen to and that is a good representation from that era. Please post some more!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. Here is another one called "Freeway", similar style. We're thinking of this one as our first release to radio stations in our area.

This is one of my favorite songs we wrote even though it reeks of 80's hair (which none of us have [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

Freeway

Comment

I really like this song too...great 80's style riffs and song structure. The vocals are again great. Your style of music NEEDS to make comeback and kick these new no-talent, snot-nosed modern rock punks in the ass!

Comment

Cool singer. Made me think of Drew Hannah. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

On both tunes, I kept wanting to kick the tempo up a few notches...
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I really like this song too...great 80's style riffs and song structure. The vocals are again great. Your style of music NEEDS to make comeback and kick these new no-talent, snot-nosed modern rock punks in the ass!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that! Hair metal is making a comeback though...I just wish some of the bands would get back together and tour. I want to see Dokken....with Lynch and only Lynch.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Holy Shit bigD Pure is a furkin AWESOME 80's song [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I have been listening to it for the past 2 hours and am loving it! The singer reminds me of the singer from Tesla but with a little bit of a dirtier/sleazier (sorry don't know how to describe it exactly) tone which sounds sweet! You guys frickin kick ass and hopefully so do your other songs because i am pretty interested in hearing the rest and possibly pickin up a CD!! Awesome stuff and keep on rockin!!

DarkSaga

Comment

From a fellow 30-something who also grew up on the hair metal, that totally kicked ass! "Totally?" YES, totally!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Your singer also sounds a lil' like early Jon Bon Jovi (that's a compliment[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ).
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I was thinking Skid Row myself. Sounds pretty fuckin' awesome. I do agree with ElectricPhase about kicking up the tempo, but they're great like they are.
                    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Not too bad and the singer is good for the most part-there are places when he is skid row--not bad but other places where he sounds strained-the 2nd song is better vocal wise-Guitar wise i would bring them up in the mix and fatten the ryth tone as its rather thin.enjoyed a trip back to the 80's as i am another 30's geezer like yourself

Comment

Thanks again for the feedback folks. As requested, here is a link to one of our slightly heavier tunes called "End of the Line".

End of the Line

Comment

That ones cool too man but I think my favorite of all you posted is "Freeway"..that kicks ass. Love those Riffs. My nickname is Riff Addict. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Thanks for sharing those.

Comment

Working...
                          X