small flying in a blue dream excerpt from gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small flying in a blue dream excerpt from gig

Here's a small clip (because I'm out of room on my server, and I had a craptacular tone going into the first part of the song) of me playing flying in a blue dream with my band last friday.

http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/bluedreamsololive.mp3

Guitar used was the maple board ibanez for sale in the classifieds. Sounds great, but I can't get used to the skinny/thin body. My guitar tone was a lot thicker, but we only ran an sm57 on one speaker into the PA instead of in stereo (ran short on setup time) and I also ran more volume onstage than usual, so we couldn't run my guitar as loud through the PA, which is what this recording is from - off the board in two track stereo.

Pete

Re: small flying in a blue dream excerpt from gig

Wow that is your bad tone? I wish I had bad tone like that
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Hey that's pretty awesome, one of my favorite satch tunes!
      Nice work.
      Hmmmmmmmmm I gotta go dig up that tab now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

your tracks are the ones that get me tingling to get back on the axe. you can play anything.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Sounds great Pete! What kind of places do you guys play? The only covers you can play around here is stuff you can dance to. Well either that or places that cater only to original bands.

Comment

Your band sounds great! Nice work!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              your tracks are the ones that get me tingling to get back on the axe. you can play anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, thanks... I appreciate the kind words. I really dug the stuff you've been posting too - you need to quit tingling and GET BACK ON THE AXE! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Sounds great Pete! What kind of places do you guys play? The only covers you can play around here is stuff you can dance to. Well either that or places that cater only to original bands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man!

Bars. Right now we have a recurring gig every friday night at this one bar, and may be filling in in two weeks for another band. Our hopes are to get booked at least every weekend for the fun and of course for profit. There are only three of us (keyboard player plays basslines on one other keyboard, drummer sings, I loiter onstage and play guitar).

Not everything we play is a guitar instrumental - we do a lot of 80s stuff too, like Journey, Ozzy, Tubes, etc. It's kinda amazing what we're getting away with so far.

Pete

Comment

very very good [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] you seem to of catched joe's
                  feel to when playing

Comment

Sounds like an awesome gig. Good luck with it!

Comment

sounds like you had fun,well done

Comment

Working...
                      X