Newc's Home Recording Handbook - Beginner's Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newc's Home Recording Handbook - Beginner's Q&A

Ok, so after reading (and hopefully using) the Beginner's Lessons, are there any questions?

If you have software-specific questions (CuBase, Cakewalk, etc etc) I invite anyone who has experience in those to step up and offer their advice. I've only used CoolEdit, which is now Adobe Audition ($ which $ I $ don't $ have $ yet $ )

Also if anyone has hardware-specific questions (i.e. recording via USB/FireWire/with a Mac/ProTools rig/outboard recorders etc), then I also invite anyone with experience with those particular items to offer their advice as well. I can tell you about the Akai DPS12, and the Yamaha MT4-X cassete unit, but that's about it.

I will post the Peak Limiter settings of my Alesis 3630 for those who are interested, so you don't have to fight with it if you have one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com
Working...
X