No announcement yet.

MEGADETH - PEACE SELLS guitar cover -- Charvel USA So-Cal, VHT/Fryette Fifty/CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEGADETH - PEACE SELLS guitar cover -- Charvel USA So-Cal, VHT/Fryette Fifty/CL

was feeling like having a break from working on original music this weekend so decided to take on some early material from one of my favorites, chris poland. used the original album drum/bass parts which I downloaded a long time ago. had to do some pitch correction on the bass track since the record wasn't tracked at 440 Hz. I still think chris is the best guitarist mega dave ever picked.

(picture of my shit and an LTD I did not use on this recording)

(picture of my other shit)

equipmunk:
    my 2008 USA So-Cal, tuned to Eb. EMG-81 pickup, straight in to my VHT Fifty/CL head (running mullard el-34s), to my Fryette Fatbottom 412G with Fane F70G speakers. the amp was loud as shit, definitely well into full power section saturation. single SM-57 on axis near the center of the cone, but I really didn't pay attention to position; just threw the mic up on there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/si94go6ple...sells.mp3?dl=0

so that first one has minimal post EQ on it, just a touch of HP/LP at the extreme ends of the spectrum. as I was listening to it, I thought it would be pretty easy to boost the midrange fairly narrowly to get close to the PS...BWB? tone. so I did just that. boosted around 2 kHz and 66 Hz with a narrow bandwidth, and this is the result:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ndkc14d9p...-deth.mp3?dl=0

pretty interesting that it gets so close to the album sound with a very simple eq change, but I think I prefer to unmolested sound of the first clip.
    Last edited by metalhobo; 06-07-2020, 04:30 PM.

How do you like that LTD Mirage Deluxe '87?

Enjoyed both tones. Hard to pick a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      How do you like that LTD Mirage Deluxe '87?
      it's a real nice one. the extra thin u neck reminds me quite a bit of the san dimas profile. i wish the pearl pink was a bit more, well, pearl-y, but the play, sound, and fit are fantastic. i swapped out the duncans (distortion/hot rails) for some tom andersons I had in my parts bin a few weeks ago, as I prefer a little bit more midrange push than the sh-6 afforded.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
        was feeling like having a break from working on original music this weekend so decided to take on some early material from one of my favorites, chris poland. used the original album drum/bass parts which I downloaded a long time ago. had to do some pitch correction on the bass track since the record wasn't tracked at 440 Hz. I still think chris is the best guitarist mega dave ever picked.

(picture of my shit and an LTD I did not use on this recording)

(picture of my other shit)

equipmunk:
        my 2008 USA So-Cal, tuned to Eb. EMG-81 pickup, straight in to my VHT Fifty/CL head (running mullard el-34s), to my Fryette Fatbottom 412G with Fane F70G speakers. the amp was loud as shit, definitely well into full power section saturation. single SM-57 on axis near the center of the cone, but I really didn't pay attention to position; just threw the mic up on there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/si94go6ple...tools.mp3?dl=0

so that first one has minimal post EQ on it, just a touch of HP/LP at the extreme ends of the spectrum. as I was listening to it, I thought it would be pretty easy to boost the midrange fairly narrowly to get close to the PS...BWB? tone. so I did just that. boosted around 2 kHz and 66 Hz with a narrow bandwidth, and this is the result:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ndkc14d9p...-deth.mp3?dl=0

pretty interesting that it gets so close to the album sound with a very simple eq change, but I think I prefer to unmolested sound of the first clip.
        That shit looks dope man!

Comment

Working...
        X