Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers GUITAR Rock (TV CUT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty Morphin Power Rangers GUITAR Rock (TV CUT)

I'm learning guitar man, about 8 months of total playing time. This song is one that I've always wanted to learn and inspired me to play! It was big mountain but I was determined to climb it, it's not perfect but is a measure of my progress.
    So this took me about 3 weeks to do, including all the animation in After Effects stuff which I've never touched except to sequence something in the timeline once before. Thanks guys for watching!!

I grew up with the first few seasons of that show. Huge shot of nostalgia there.

Your playing is quite clean and that's a good sign for someone 8 months into the hobby. Please take this as constructive criticism: Music is mostly about timing and rhythm, and working on that would elevate your playing to the next level.

But what do I know, I've been playing for nearly 19 years and still don't know how to do tapping.

Comment

First of all, thank you very much! Very nice to hear from the veteran of this forum I appreciate the feedback

Yea u know what, I recorded this on over 400 takes, I lost count after that because I had to delete the videos and waves were eating up my hdd! Yea, Actually the rhythm is quite interesting in this song and all the tabs were wrong, I finally was able to figure it out but there's still something else about it. Also getting the same EQ that vintage narrowband sound I kinda gave up on trying that XD 3 weeks , 12 hours a day and 15 on weekends because I kept on making a mistake. like the there's a syncopation where the melody follows the rhythm just slightly late and I didn't figure that out til 3rd week in So I actually spent more time figuring out the rhythm , as I thought the solo would be harder!

Btw though they should really call it "Plucking" not tapping. Bcause I didn't figure it out until a teacher told me that. U gotta pluck your finger either away or towards you in a hook "come here" movement in order to get the tap to sound.

And it seems that Ive discovered people are closet Power rangers fans! Haha people didn't admit it til I posted the video elsewhere I haven't seen season 3, is it good?

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      I grew up with the first few seasons of that show. Huge shot of nostalgia there.

Your playing is quite clean and that's a good sign for someone 8 months into the hobby. Please take this as constructive criticism: Music is mostly about timing and rhythm, and working on that would elevate your playing to the next level.

But what do I know, I've been playing for nearly 19 years and still don't know how to do tapping.

Comment

Now that you mention it, you did a good job capturing the essence of that original thin guitar tone too.

I stopped following the franchise after the 1995 movie was released. That was around the time that the costumes and cast members started deviating and it just didn't feel "the same" any more.

Comment

Haha that tone! He recently redid the track in a more modern sound. The composer also did XMEN and many 90s kids shows, he basically owned the 90s! That's his voice singing "Go Go Power Rangers" as well, such a talented bloke right? But u know what, I think that whole song makes sense being vintage, heres why: The whole look of the video appears old and grainy, while the Zords look very clunky when theyre transforming, the whole "Dying guitar sound" seems to suit them as they seem to be awakening from a long slumber. Anyways, the modern one still is pretty damn good: it's here: https://ronwasserman.bandcamp.com/al...-rangers-redux

I saw that 95 movie! As cheesy as it was, it was WAY better than the 2017 movie, which tried too hard to be "cinematic" taking away some of the important essence of the show and horrible art design! If anything , if u look at Shazam! That came out recently they didn't hold back at all when it came to letting people know this will appeal to kids. It ended up doing amazing at the box office with a very high A score.
          But yes, those Ninja costumes were just the worst! Definitely did not feel like a Ranger.

I think it's better to go all out, all the way confidently without any fear , rather than worry about if this is some sort of guilty pleasure or not. Haha kinda a tangent but I think you're a smart guy so I like to bring stuff up

Comment

This really brings me back. I grew up on original MMPRs show and have probably heard this 1M times. At first I was kind of knocking your tone in my head thinking you needed a better recording setup, but this is almost exactly like the original. Real thin and tinny. lol.

Great job! I really like that you did the green screen with the video behind it. I might have to go see if these are on Netflix or something just to watch a few of them again. I'm sure they are way more cheesy than I remember them as a kid.
            “I don’t always play Metallica songs... But when I do, they are mine. I don’t care what you read on the best guitar lesson websites or in popular magazines, it’s all wrong." -Dave Mustaine

Comment

This is great! Very impressive for 8 months. I have been listening to user's recordings to learn and play new tunes, lots of talent. Your recording certainly brings back the nostalgia!
              Went to Italy once, now I am always flexing at the Olive Garden.

Comment

Working...
              X