Tender Surrender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tender Surrender

Been working on this for quite a few weeks. I thought I'd get the clean part down quickly and then move on to the more challenging solo. Turns out the clean part has been quite a challenge in itself. I only started recording against the backing track yesterday, so timing etc is still a little rough. Once I have that down, and can play it relatively clanger-free, I'll look into improving the dynamics. Oh, and the solo. How hard can that be?

https://soundcloud.com/cliffievanr/surrenderclean2
    My other signature says something funny

That solo is sick. If you can play that bro I'm taking lessons from you. Good Luck

Comment

Lol! Thanks! I've been listening to it a few times every day for weeks and weeks now, and it still surprises and amazes me.

Comment

You will need to abuse your floyd . Vai and his guitar are 1 entity thats going to be hard to duplicate . I just watched it on youtube dam that guy is amazing.

Comment

I was planning on ignoring the floyd parts, to be honest. I've not spent anywhere near enough time with it to be able to use it musically. Learning the solo will mostly be a means of picking up some cool ideas and techniques. There's no way I'll be able to do it justice.

And agreed, Vai is absolutely amazing! I really like the way he hams it up, too, smoothing his air while trilling etc.

Comment

Working...
          X