Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitesnake - Still of the Night (Line 6 Helix LT direct recording tone test)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitesnake - Still of the Night (Line 6 Helix LT direct recording tone test)

Earlier this week, I bought a Line 6 Helix LT. This is my first direct recording tone test, with very usable tones right out of the box.

Left channel is basically a Marshall JCM800 with some effects.

Right channel is basically a Mesa Dual Rectifier with some effects.

The guitar is my 1988 Charvel Model 1C with the infamous green DiMarzio PAF Pro in the bridge position.

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 08-26-2017, 08:00 PM.

Nice playing and good looking axe!

Comment

PM me your user preset please. I have a Helix too.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thank you guys! The Helix makes it so easy to record that it MAKES you want to do more recording.

Hehe this isn't the first request I received for this patch! I'm flattered.

I haven't figured out how to share or upload tones yet, but I included detailed instructions in the Description section of the Youtube video above (need to open the video in Youtube itself to see the Description). It should be pretty easy to replicate my patch. I was basically trying to copy Paul Glover's starter guide (linked below, start watching around 15:50 where he sets up a patch from scratch). I mimicked the order of his effects chain, except I swapped the Minotaur overdrive block with a Vermin Dist block, and I somehow accidentally chose Ducking Reverb instead of Hall Reverb and didn't realize it until after I published the video. Oh well. And by now I've overwritten it with another simple patch from scratch, but I could probably reproduce this Whitesnake patch in under two minutes because I basically didn't fine-tune any of the effects.

Comment

If you download the Helix editor from Line6 website, it will allow you to export .hlx files to your computer. Then just upload to something like dropbox and post the link here, or send the link in a PM. Alternatively, attach the file to an email.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Awesome. God I love that Model1... I'm calling dibs if you ever sell it

Comment

Wilkinsi, doing the editor stuff is next on my task list! I'll be sure to recreate every patch for all my recordings and share them here. Great idea.

Kamanda, haha, another local guy who bought some stuff from me last year saw and played that Model 1C and fell in love with it, begging to buy it from me. I'll keep you guys in mind if I ever decide to sell.

Comment

I really really really liked your tone on that one! Thanks for posting!

Comment

Working...
                X