A little solo action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little solo action

So,,I've been writing this piece,, and working up this solo has been kicking my ass for about 2 months now ,mostly how I wanted it to end. At first I wanted it to stay at a slower pace and the second solo be the ripper,, but I just couldn't stop myself from letting it accelerate and I think some of the most difficult parts were getting the "B" string pulloffs, off the side of the neck and up the frets accurate and consistent, The "E" string ones are way easier....But being all OCD about punch ins,, and having to be able to play it all the way through,, I have a stupid high "take count" as the DAW keeps count... but I think I have it fairly presentable now.

Give it a spin an let me know what you think,,

https://soundcloud.com/moshwitz/nocturne

MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Thats sounds good to my ear!

Nice variety of ideas that flow together. There's just enough dissonance to make it sound unique and interesting but not go over the top!
    2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
    Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
    Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
    Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Yep, another corker Dave, love it.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Love it! Its got a cool mysterious vibe going on. Very nice man!

Comment

Thanks for giving it a listen and the kind words fellas

I
            WAS going for the "Mysterious Vibe" thing actually,, I wanted it to be exotic,,but I wanted to do it using the standard Harmonic minor as little as possible. as I actually do really like that scale,,and could fall into that all day long, so...to get away from it,,,. some schools of thought would say I broke some rules,, but the way I Write stuff and look at things is kinda like a "loose" version of Satriani's Pitch Axis thing.....with a twist by using all those chords and their relationship and movement they imply at the particular point in time of the phrasing I'm expressing over it......if that makes sense or maybe I am insane like my family keeps telling me

But Yeah,,This one was a little tough at times for me not to let it get all meedlee meedlee...after throwing my "no speed up" constraint out the window. other than tightening up a spot or two and tweaking another It's pretty much the way I think it will stay. Now I just have to decide if I'm gonna have a second solo section or just this one?:dunno:

MOSHON
            DAVE
            Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 05-06-2015, 08:43 PM. Reason: I
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

sounds great, Dave. Awesome tone & playing
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
              X