Just a little groove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little groove

This started as just saving a groove, but I bounced it out anyway to check the mix. I'm still having trouble with reading the low end in the room with the extra crap and disorder in here from working on the house as it kinda lies to me now when I listen on other systems and I'm trying to figure out where it is.

on the main rig it's fairly clear nothing really stepping on each other,,on the other rig it seems maybe a little muddy.
    let me know what you think. good, bad, it just sucks,,,whatever

oh,,and I tried to play slap bass on this sooo,, don't laugh to hard on that

https://soundcloud.com/moshwitz/140-grooveealt5

MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

I liked it. Did you play all the tracks?

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
      I liked it. Did you play all the tracks?
      Yep. I program the drums though.

MOSHON
      DAVE
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Nicely done. The drum groove reminds me of Vinnie Paul. I can't give my opinion on the sound 'cause I'm listening through my laptop speakers, though it sounds fine through them.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Sounds good bud. Has a slightly familiar sound to it I can't put my finger on.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Cool, nice groove.
            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Like it! Sounds good and nice soloing.

Reminds me that it's been a while since I tried recording something...
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah,,it's just a reference kinda thing,as I can just barely hear the bass on the main rig,,If I bump it up where it sits all nice in the mix and I don't have to struggle to hear it, when I put it in the other rig or the car it's all Boom Boom Boom... Sooo I guess for now I'll just ref. from here for levels till I get the room somewhat back in order and get to recording a little again.
                I still feel it is just a little HOT in places,,but it could be the lead tone I used. I didn't really plan it out or build a preset as solo was just kiind of off the cuff kinda thing, and I just used the preset I was on and added a little more mid-Hi and presence to get it to pop out a bit. so if the solo was something for real I'd have to find a different tone,, but the whole deal was pretty much about saving the riff and getting the Guitars bass and drums to sit together and not step on each other too much.

MOSHON
                DAVE

Comment

Working...
                X