"Within the Pain" sleepy vid BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Within the Pain" sleepy vid BS

I shot this about a week or so ago,after talking with a few friends about this tune and going over how it was structured the night before. I had just woke up and was half asleep, it was still in my mind and I felt like playing a little, so for shits and giggles I threw on the cam and the BS backing track and chunked this out. Its just the crappy cam mic sounds a little like ass, with the flubs and all. it's just a vid reference to show what the general idea was ,but mainly just for the hell of it ..but Ehhh. whatever, it will be much better when I work up the real version

Check it out,, Love it, Like it, Hate it, or think it is just shit, either way let me know

MOSHON
    DAVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBNKIT6k1IE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Nice riffage man!! The fills were killer! Doom on brother.

Comment

As always, killer stuff, Dave!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dig it

Comment

Thanks guys this one will be bitchin when I do the proper recording.

MOSHON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Dave..YOU...YOU. If I could pick ONE guitarist to jam with on this god forsaken forum..it would be YOU. My kid and I are watching this. We would be Peanut Butta and Jelly. I'll be the Jelly ..concord grape of course, and you'll be X-tra Crunchy Peanut Butta..with big chunks-O'-nuts!

It would just effortlessly flow..like a flowing thing.

Das wha I tink!

Billz
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm jammin' to this...and soloing my balls off.

I'm havin' fun..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dave, well done sir! \m/!
                DiMarzio Endorsee
                www.dimarzio.com
                Morley Endorsee
                www.morley.com
                "Intelli-Shred" author
                www.myspace.com/intellishred
                NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Good stuff as usual Dave. I wish I could play half as good half asleep.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Dave plays in my comfort zone. His phrasing and note choices are like a broken-in shoe. My kid struggles to play straight forward, palmed up and down stuff like this. He has to fight to do that. But I can NOT play his F'd up spasctic "Kerry King on meth". His right hand is much faster than most. So I just play under them..or over.

We are the only ones that can play nice together. When we don't get something, we don't bicker..we just counter it with something else. I'd love to be able to record stuff. But that's out of my element.

Dave reminds me of what if Jeff Loomis joined Lamb Of God. Which I'm totaly down with.
                    Last edited by horns666; 10-22-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words fellas

And Bill,,,,BubZ.....yeah brother, we'll for sure hook up one day..it's inevitable..These are the facts!
                      And yes,,X-tra crunchy.....on toast,,cause I like it rough

I'm glad your all diggin it, It will be allot better when I start to really work it up.

MOSHON
                      DAVE

Comment

Sounds great Dave. I don't know where you come up with this stuff. I love your riffs and how they intertwine and eventually come back to the beginning without ever really feeling repetitive. I think I am becoming somewhat of a fanboy!!!

Comment

I don't mean this to sound the wrong way, or that your playing is generic in any way. But when i listen to some of your vids, i think you would be good at doing backing tracks for video games - hope that doesn't sound negative. I just mean i often hear a quality where you could listen to it over and over on a loop and they create a feeling of motion and doesn't get old. So like a backing track to a racing type game, or even cruising down the road in real life. Again, i mean it as a compliment.

Comment

I'm speaking for myself here. When I string riffs together much like Dave did here. I'm usually tunnel visoned on how I'm playing, and stringing enough various riffs together in tempo for a song idea. Then a REALLY good singer, like my singer bud..would tell me what riff goes where, and how many times..and BOOM..a killer song is born!

Many say that about Jeff Loomis solo material..with layers of guitars. Critics say it sounds like unfinished Nevermore songs or ideas. So, now he worked with various singers..just to have vocals. But it really didnj't sound like he worked them out with the singer..like he did with Warrel of course.

Comment

Every riff I write is in the key of A. I like A because on a standard tuned guitar I have lots of room to go up and a decent bit of room to go down. If the singer can't sing in A, fuggums.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X