Tracking the new cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking the new cd

It was suggested that I post vids of the entire process from scratch tracks to final takes, etc.. so here's a clip of me laying down a scratch of the lead melody for a track on the upcoming cd.. these will act as a guide for the drummer and bassist to do their thing and then I will go about reworking EVERYTHING .lol.. there might be some of the harmony overdub that I keep..
    DiMarzio Endorsee
    www.dimarzio.com
    Morley Endorsee
    www.morley.com
    "Intelli-Shred" author
    www.myspace.com/intellishred
    NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Further documenting the process.. this time.. basslines for another tune titled, "Hope".. next up... slide guitar overdubs..
    DiMarzio Endorsee
    www.dimarzio.com
    Morley Endorsee
    www.morley.com
    "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Slide Guitar Overdubs and Double Tracking
      DiMarzio Endorsee
      www.dimarzio.com
      Morley Endorsee
      www.morley.com
      "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Noodling over the changes using the LED/Stunt Guitar for a friend who wanted a better look:
        DiMarzio Endorsee
        www.dimarzio.com
        Morley Endorsee
        www.morley.com
        "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Great playing Kevin! very tasteful..

Comment

THANKS! Appreciate you taking time from your day to listen and post!
            DiMarzio Endorsee
            www.dimarzio.com
            Morley Endorsee
            www.morley.com
            "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Cool beans brother I've always enjoyed your stuff. Nice axe too.
              If I was still employed and we lived just a little closer, We'd have to hook up,, maybe I'd learn a thing or three

MOSHON
              DAVE
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

THANKS DAVE!
                I do the whole Skype/webcam lesson too now.. so when you're back up and running..let me know!
                DiMarzio Endorsee
                www.dimarzio.com
                Morley Endorsee
                www.morley.com
                "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Great playing. What guitar are you using in the first vid?, looks killer=)

/cHRIS
                  San Dimas Style1 - Black
                  Kramer Striker 600st - White
                  Ibanez GRGA42T - Black‏

Myspace
                  http://www.myspace.com/577244739

Comment

How did I miss this thread?

Kevin do you give private lessons?
                    I have all but given up.
                    I know I have potential but it just is not coming together for me.
                    Very happy building amps though.

THANK YOU for being so generous with your posts and sharing.

Comment

@Cygnus: I DO give private lessons.. both in person and via Skype/webcam.. e-mail me and we can schedule out a time to hook up! Don't give up!.. and thanks for catching the thread! GLAD you found it...was kinda thinking that it was by large like a fart in church.. either under the radar or just not most around here's style..lol..
                      MANY thanks to all who watch and listen! SO very much appreciated!

@Kippan: THAT guitar is the third in the evolution of a signature guitar I have w/ a UK based builder.. Its is honduran mahogany w/ a quilted maple top.. 3pc flame maple neck w/ Cocobolo fingerboard.. 27 Dunlop 6000 frets (scalloped 12-27) Gotoh 510 series tuners and Gotoh tremelo.. DiMarzio pups are a Chopper in the neck and an Andy Timmons in the bridge w/ a 5 way switch.
                      Last edited by KevinDguitar; 10-11-2012, 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling
                      DiMarzio Endorsee
                      www.dimarzio.com
                      Morley Endorsee
                      www.morley.com
                      "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Cyg I broke out my old Intelli-Shred book I got from Kevin years ago and it has helped me relearn a lot.
                        Don't give up Cyg just spend time and enjoy it, the trick is don't make it seem like a chore.
                        I use YT backing tracks to practice on and try different things some are good most are bad .LOL
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the support stray.
                          I know I have this:
                          Good rhthym sense...I wanted to be a drummer and spent my early years beating everything in sight to Motown.
                          Good melody sense.
                          Every time I got near a piano I loved to try to copy what I heard.
                          I even learned to sight read (Alfred!) for the guitar when I was 12 to 14 years old.
                          Most of my actual progress was between ages 14 and 22.
                          I picked up theory along the way and discipline of meaningful practice.

Then life got in the way and I've been plinking ever since.
                          Even now I just try to play whatever comes across the radio for "practice".
                          Picked up a few books but Kevin's (nice name BTW) was the only one that pushed
                          me forward at all.

But something mechanical must be getting in my way.
                          I only asked because maybe a couple of hours with him might get me back on track.
                          Only way to do it is get his eyes on my hands, and he says..."You idiot...why are you
                          DOING that"?"

Comment

I'll be honest Kevin's book was hard for me to read because I know squat about theory or even read music.
                            Always watched videos and listened over and over to nail a song.Not very practical way to do it.
                            I was able to get the gist of what he was trying to explain and it did help a lot.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

anytime I can help.. and I'll guarantee results.
                              DiMarzio Endorsee
                              www.dimarzio.com
                              Morley Endorsee
                              www.morley.com
                              "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Working...
                              X