X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some clips of BK, DiMarzio, EMGs in my guitars

I finally recorded some clips of some of my guitars:

http://soundcloud.com/venomboy666

Framus Cobra, Crunch Channel. Gain at noon. 4x12 Cobra cab with Greenbacks. SM57 on bottom right speaker just right of center. Presonus Firestudio mobile interface into Garage Band. No post EQ or processing. 320k mp3 files posted. All guitars recorded with same amp settings.

Guitars:
    BC Rich Beast with BareKnuckle Aftermath
    Moser Custom Shop Moser 10 (6 strings) with DiMarzio Crunch Lab
    BC Rich Widow with DiMarzio Super Distortion
    BC Rich KK Watribe Warlock with EMG 81

Some slop here and there in my playing. Most of these were 1 take. My goal was to hear the differences in the pickups and the guitars.

Enjoy!

Very cool.

I liked the Aftermath the best. Because of the price, I was hoping I wouldn't

Comment

The Aftermath has some really sharp highs which aren't coming through in the clip. It's definitely the clearest...you'll hear molecules in your body through it!

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to record that, the Aftermath definitely sounds the best. A lot of clarity, bite and attack while remaining smooth and rich. That sucks because i need to buy a set now...
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I don't think I'd say the Aftermath is smooth. Definitely has bite and it's pretty in your face. With a bright amp it's too bright. In a darker guitar or amp it would probably be really nice.

Comment

http://soundcloud.com/venomboy666/se...crophone-test/

Re-recorded a bunch with a Heil PR20 Microphone. It's not as nasal as the SM57 and doesn't have a midrange spike. It's way more even and easier to eq. It's a bit louder too.

Comment

Working...
            X