X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yngwie Malmsteen guitar madness!

The series continues...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQe_ZAUZmn4

This is way out of my league but due to many requests I gave it a try.
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

First!

Hi Jani!

Great playing of course...but how come the lighting was off in this one?

I would also like details on how you do this, are you using some sort of playback euipment that lets you take down channels so you can play over it? Like the eBand?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

another great one! nice work, sir!
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Awesome work, as usual!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Great playing of course...but how come the lighting was off in this one?

I would also like details on how you do this, are you using some sort of playback euipment that lets you take down channels so you can play over it?
          There are a lot more issues than the lighting on this one. First the Jani on the right is not where he should be. How hard it can be to stay on the right side of an amp?!?

Due to the limits of my video software I can't use split screens etc. so the lighting is always a problem. I do these with two transparent videos and try to make things more visible by lighting the other side (where there is no player) dark. It doesn't always go as planned. If you compare my recent videos to the original Annihilator madness you can see what I mean by the transparency thing and how I've learned to avoid it to some extent.

Also I shoot with just a regular digital camera -not a video camera. So I'm limited not only by quality but also by short battery life so can't take many takes. If I have to change batteries the camera placement goes off and I would have to start over.

As for audio I use midi drum track as basis (either download one or create one) that I run to Roland TD6 module. I play guitars and bass direct to PC with Sansamp GT-2 and BassDriver pedals. Any effects are from my audio card (Pulsar). I use Cakewalk for tracking. Then I combine the audio track with camera picture later which is another quality problem as I have no way to make the sync perfect.

Anyway all the amateur gear / sw gives these vids a unique touch and makes me appear more like a silly cartoon character than an actual person. I have to do these fast so I make things up as I go instead of planning ahead on what I do for each vid. Normally everything is done in one evening after kids have gone to sleep.
          My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Nice job again!!!

Comment

Awsome video. I just watched all you guitar madness videos, thank you for administering Impossible Brutallity upon us, that is a great song.

Comment

Hey you played it great IMO. 100x better than I'd ever be able to for sure. That reverse strat head is awesome too.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                X