Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light My Fire - The Doors - rock version

Hello everyone,

I wanted to play that song with my band but we don't have a keyboard player, so I created that track to show my buddies how it could sound with only guitar and bass.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8291563

My goal was to give a rock edge to the song but with some kind of "trippy" vibe and a "live" kinda recording.

Funny thing is that all the guitar tracks took me like only 45 minutes to record but I spent countless hours trying to mix the whole song. It was my first try at mixing a complete song, including the vocals.

Thanks to a cyber buddy of mine for the vox. Next step will be to have the singer of my band recording it.

So how does my mix sound?

For those interested:
    Drums are Ezdrummer rock drums. Guitars are a mix of Line6 PodFarm and Guitarsuite VST. Everything else is a bunch of freeware plugs. The bass is the free 4front bass VSTi going into a PODFarm bass amp.

This may not be the best mix you are going to hear but I had a blast doing this! And Reaper rocked! It's so easy to work with it.

Let me know what you think and feel free to give ideas where I could improve the whole thing.

Next step will be to do a few of the covers we play with the band.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group
Working...
X