I was thinking of getting a tattoo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking of getting a tattoo...

And with Tattoos it's always a case of "careful on what you decide on" because it'll stay there forever.

So I have taken long consideration on what to have depicted on my skin, something that represents who I am and what I am. Today I ran into a girl I knew from school (well she's an adult woman now) who said that she doesn't remember much of how I was when we went to school together but that she always associated me with guitars "And that red one in particular."

That "red one" no doubt was referring to my most cherished possession: my 1989 Squier Stratocaster "The Veteran"

1991 was a magical year for me: I turned 15, had my very first band, lost my virginity, I was introduced to people who are still my closest friends and I bought myself this Squier because I needed a serious instrument. I have stuck with it ever since. And every other Strat I ever had I sold on, there was room for only one Strat in my collection: "The Veteran"

Here I am recording tracks with "The Veteran" for Slavantas' upcoming release.

So I found it: the perfect subject for a tattoo, one which I'll never regret getting: a depiction of that one guitar that has been with me throughout all that I went through. I want a tattoo of my old faithful: my Red Strat. I haven't set a date yet on when I'm gonna have it done but once I do, it'll be the upper picture on my right shoulder.

As long as its bursting through a skull and has a snake wrapped around it...
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I know..a tattoo of ginormous vagina with wings....on your forhead!!!

A red vagina!!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think that is a cool idea, but make sure you see your tattoo guy draw the guitar on paper first...Most artist can draw skulls and beavers just fine, but for some reason when it comes to guitars they look off...Strats and Les Pauls are the worst one for non guitarsist to draw...Other than that it sounds like a great idea...A tattoo has to have meaning behind it to make it great and that one sounds like it does...
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

good luck on getting just one...

i got my first couple of years ago .. then a 2nd .. now there's a 3rd and 4th in the works (a rune stone and a samurai) and i'm looking for designs and tattoo artists that can pull of the 5th one i got in mind (which is a japanese dragon going from my left front waistline, over the back up to the shoulder)

and yes, make him draw the guitar on paper.. somehow guitars always look off on skin
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
            good luck on getting just one...
            + a bunch
            I have almost 2 full sleeves now, and am anxious to get those done!
            Sounds like your idea will be great bro. Just find a good artist.

Comment

I took a long time deciding, and finally getting the last one I got. It was inspired by the album cover for Savatages Streets, a Rock Opera. The cover depicts a white Charvel with a vine of roses wrapped around it. I replaced the white Charvel with a resemblence of my purple one and replaced the red roses with yellow ones for my home state of Texas.. I'm pretty happy with the results.
              Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                I know..a tattoo of ginormous vagina with wings....on your forhead!!!

A red vagina!!!

Dude!! don't vaginas have wings by default??
                I am here picturing the thing.... is not making sense.

It will be red by the time I am done with it though!!
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Get yourself a good artist and then go for it dude! Guitar tats are fun!

And yes, wings are for more than just vaginas.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    As long as its bursting through a skull and has a snake wrapped around it...
                    +1

Comment

:I've seen so many freakin' awful tatoos.... just make sure you'll be happy with whatever you get for the rest of your life.

I'm so fickle that I know better than to permanently stain my skin with some image I happen to think looks cool at the time.

I have to say though, if you're gonna get a tatoo, something guitar oriented seems cool to me. Just make sure it doesn't say "Squire"

Good luck.

Comment

"Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

Oh god damn!
                          "POOP"

Comment

love the stretch marks.....guh....more like, UNlucky me.
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That's hot. Nice bush.

Comment

Working...
                              X