Dio is the Devil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dio is the Devil?

This is one of those urban legends I remember from the late 80's...if you turn Dio's logo upside down, it reads "Devil". Has anyone else heard of this?

Hmm. In any event, it's a lot of fun. Honestly, I thought Dio always did an unjustice to himself with those demonic album covers. In reality, his music is quite tame as far as that kind of thing goes.

Its kind of a stretch, but OK. I can kind of see it.

I always preferred After Christ Devil Comes and Knights in Satan's Service.

AC/DC and KISS for you kids weened on bands with actual names that are far more sinister.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Oh yeah. I remember the DIO one. I actually had a DIO pin turned upside down...on my jean jacket (true 80's style).

AC/DC: Against Christ/Devils Child...
      Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

I remeber this. This slipped my mind until now. Kinda weird this wasn't mentioned here before..not that I'm aware of. His logo is pretty creative..especially when Dio means "God" in Italian..

Dio can either be thought inspiring or completely retarded with his lyrics. He seems to write much deeper stuff with Rainbow/Sabbath, but much of the lyrics in his solo stuff is just...dumb. Dio can write about the Easter bunny, using only 4 words and still rock. He makes you believe in the Easter bunny.

Hail Dio..

BTW- now I'm thinking of "Kill Ozzy" on the cover of the Mob Rules record.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I thought is was looking at it in a mirror(maybe both in a mirror and upside down). And yes it does. Dio means God in Italian so it's just a ying and yang thing. ( I'll be captain obvious and say that dio is not his real last name),

Comment

Heh, this reminds me of a redneck band from around here in the early '80s called Snuff. Here's their major label debut cover:

Flip:

I think that was their biggest hit. They even got a mention in Playboy over it.

Comment

Don't really see it to be honest. If it DID, wouldn't he have made it more noticeable?
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                Heh, this reminds me of a redneck band from around here in the early '80s called Snuff. Here's their major label debut cover:

Flip:

I think that was their biggest hit. They even got a mention in Playboy over it.
                I don't get it...
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    I don't get it...

That appears to say ANUS ?

Ok who remembers this one ?

The planes fuselage resembles a joint, and on the tail fin(?) it reads 3m-ta3 (which in a mirror reads eat-me). Plus Kerry King played on two tracks.

Oh yeah, I remember the Dio thing too!
                    Last edited by Jayster; 03-01-2009, 12:58 PM.
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I get it, it's where you put your pud when you get the girl really drunk
                      Last edited by Endrik; 03-01-2009, 01:23 PM.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I don't remember the Dio one. But I do remember the Kiss and AC/DC ones, I also remember W.A.S.P. = We Are Satan's People or We Are Sexual Perverts.
                        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

WASP = Witness A Serious Poop
                          "POOP"

Comment

Anti Christ / Devil's Child...HA! I forgot about that. That's so funny, as Malcolm said in an interview that he just got the idea from reading it on a sewing machine.

Comment

Rhea Perlman is the devil?
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X