Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about female-fronted metal bands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
    Oh, check out Benediction...she's got great pipes, ..and stuff!!
    Aria Sharp (Mrs. Zone's old band) played the FotV2 festival with Benediction. They were good, as were most of the bands on the bill, but as with most such events, each act catered quite a bit toward one demographic and not at all to most others. Not meaning male horndogs either. Lots of talent to be found for sure, but there was a lot of emphasis on the `80s "true metal" vibe, which is lost on someone like my wife who is too young to have experienced *any* of that style the first time around. I was a pup myself in those days, but I was watching KISS concerts on PBS and listening to Twisted Sister LPs that my dad brought home from the public library.

Much like Inazone..I was/am into the NWOST (New wave of swedish thrash)..when it was new. But that genre has been raped to death but the emo/screamo core bands for the last several years. Who knew???
    As much as I try not to care about such things, I've had to take the "emo" and "core" drivel into account when coming up with sufficiently melodic riffage without dumbing it down, or even trying to make band name and song title suggestions. Only one person in this band will be wearing girl's pants and makeup, but so many shitty bands are playing ripped-off thrash riffs with the same hands they use to apply their eyeliner.

Besisdes there's is countless metal bands from all ovefr the globe trying to cop the Therion style anywhoo...and failing..such as a band like ummm.. oh..The Aerium!!!
    Ahhhh yes, The Aerium. Casualties of Black Lotus Records as it turned out. When they lost their would-be Tarja, that was the end of the road.
    sigpic

Comment

watch me burn, light this city, more on the death metal side though
      dk-1 pile of skulls
      dk-2m white
      dkmg- black forest
      rr-1 black w/gold pins
      charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
      p.o.s. randall halfstack
      peavey 5150

Comment

Working...