No announcement yet.

Good time to head to the Guitar Center?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good time to head to the Guitar Center?

I've heard retailers are hurting and are going to be slashing prices 70% or more after x-mas. Can we expect this at the GC? I know they are a private company now and are a bit shadowy about these kinds of things. Any GC employees care to chime in? Let's be merry and not bash the GC in this thread please.

As a side note, I need a new rackmount power supply

"I'm all about slashing prices"
    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by seegermany View Post

"i'm all about slashing prices"
      Brilliant. Good stuff there.
      I'd posted a response but no one cares, as long as the hilarity is here. :ROTF:
      Last edited by MartinBarre; 12-24-2008, 08:07 PM.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

"I'm all about slashing prices"
        You sir made me laugh yet again :ROTF:

Comment

I've known to realize that these fuckers know all these gumballs are thinking they are hurting and will slash prices.
          NOT!!!!!!.............. if there are going to go 50% and up, why not go into chapter 11?
          as long as they are paying people to take their shit away why not do it in a way they would be semi-sheltered from their creditors?

Think! guys think!

They may lure you in with a loss, published through print or a flyer at the front of the store, on six sets of strings plus a beer mug and then they'll throw a t-shirt with the rock bottom price for a fucked-up Am. Strat w/case!!!
          Hip Hip Hurray!!! i just pee'd my panties. Show me the real deal and I will show you a groomed sack like you've never seen before.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Some retailers might be hurting, some may not. Some may be holding out for the fucking golden goose. Who knows??!!

All I know is that I engaged a retailer, on a deal sent to moi, and he/she held his ground like it was 2003. Fair enough, you've got to respect that. I got no issues whatsoever.

But and if, he/she wasn't willing to make a $200-$300 gain on a guitar he/she doesn't stock, a guitar that will go through his/hers hands like a well oiled turd. We are talking about a pure profit $200-$300 for just picking up the phone and placing an order. Then my friends..... he/she must not be hurting.

Don't expect greatness, when you get chicken shit you'll be a heck of a lot more grateful and satisfied.

Comment

i think depending on your area might be a factor. sales took a hit with the lack of shoppers due to snow for the last week where people just didnt get out that much. in house sales may be better than national discounts.
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Snow!!??
                What's that??

I spent the latter part of the afternoon watching my 3 year old drive like a maniac, up and down, on the sidewalk. I am telling you those five Bud Light Limes did not help!!!! I was sweating, it must have been 78 degrees down here!!!!!!! Not XMAS weather I tell ya!

Comment

"who says there's no snow in Florida?"
                  "POOP"

Comment

I think like all of their sales it will be on a store by store basis. If they have had something for a while or if something is damaged then they might let it go cheap. In the last month my local GC had a "new" Eric Johnson Strat (with plenty of dings) for $999 and a new white Ibanez JEM (didn't see the condition) for $1350. I picked up a Gibson Es-137 for $1000, but I had to return it because the truss rod was broken...

Comment

The dollar always rules. If your local GC is doing well in sales overall then they might not cut prices as much, or be as willing to deal. In my area there are a few GC and Sam Ash music stores relatively close to one another: Plymouth Meeting, KOP, and Cherry Hill NJ. They all end up competing with each other, and with Musicians Friend so you can usually work out a deal at one of them.

Im thinking about heading to one of them tomorrow, or maybe Saturday, to get a Boss Micro BR as well as load up on strings and picks.

-Steve
                      Guitars:
                      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

The Micro BR kicks butt. I use it a lot.

Comment

I got a used Peavey XXL head for $199 that had been marked at $399 two days prior. The big discounts at GC are (mostly) going to be manager's clearance prices. They do this at least once every year to get rid of used or slow-selling items. I got an RR2 for $399 one year during the manager's clearance sale, a DR7 (MIJ version) for $220 the next, and a used USA Hamer Californian Deluxe for $250. They need to get the stuff "off the books" before the end of the fiscal year.
                          sigpic

Comment

Burning some time yesterday, I decided WTF let me go in and see what's going on at my nearest GC.
                            Lots of used (overpriced stuff) used dual rectos for $1499 and $1699. LOL. 6505+ heads for $1100 and a 5150 combo (labeled as a XXX) for $800.

New stock was light and very sparse, not the 'ol stocked to gills store. That's for sure.
                            Spent all of 20 minutes browsing around and did not find a deal worth mentioning. They had a flyer saying 15% off LP Classics.
                            Then again I wasn't buying so I did not haggle.

Comment

I went yesterday and saw a beat Model 3 with missing parts for $350. Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X