Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas - What Charity Did You Give?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas - What Charity Did You Give?

This year's economy sure is bad. One of our local Salvation Army outfits has a waiting list of families in need, looking for toys for their kids this Christmas. Outside of life, health, or safety, I can't think of many things that would be more sad than a little kid waking up on Christmas morning and not having presents under the tree. So this AM I stopped by and gave a quite sizable donation of new toys to that Salvation Army. And I feel pretty damn good about it.

So what charity did you do this holiday season? Donate to the dude with a bell in the Santa outfit? Feed the hungry? Toys for tots? Some organized work donation?

I'm not trying to toot my own horn, guys. Just want to hear what other good deeds have been done this holiday season. And, maybe (hopefully), spur some others into action who haven't done so yet.

There are a lot of folks in need this year. Probably more than usual. Perhaps more than in a very, very long time. Give if you can.

$200 to the food bank here..and of course the Santa/bell guy got some in his pot Happy Holiday's Pat!

Comment

We donated lots of old clothing and shoes and I contributed to a hamper for a less fortunate family.

Merry Christmas everyone!
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

$50 to Helping Hands in Rockwall TX....
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Mega coinage to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.
          "POOP"

Comment

I give every month straight out my bank account to a dog's charity.
            Now that I have a daughter of my own I'd be more inclined to give to children's charities rather than animals, but you can only give so much.

I hate to get political, but I wish our governments would stop spending money on housing fake asylum seekers and immigrants, and help out our own needy so charities didn't need so much.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

This year we bought a turkey and full thanksgiving dinner and delivered it to a family we know who are both unemployed, broke and close to losing their home. We did the same thing yesterday for them for xmas dinner plus some toys for their boy. Also donated food and other supplies to a dog shelter.

Comment

Salvation Army, I give to them every year.

Comment

Y'know I 've been pissed off cos my boss wouldn't give me extra days off over Xmas this year, like I normally get.
                  But thinking about people who need charity, and I also had to go into a women's refuge yesterday to do a job, it makes you realise how lucky you are.

Merry Xmas all.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Very cool!!! Keep it coming, guys.

Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

I deliver toys to the people on the Salvation Army's waiting list. Warms my heart to see the kids' faces.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
                      As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

I've bought meals for the homeless, and given cash to the homeless in my local area. I also tithe on a somewhat regular basis, this goes to helping people in need as well. I've donated my time this year as well, helping to build a playground at the church.
                        I'll give the last dollar in my pocket to the firemans boot drive.

I read earlier that some one felt we shouldn't need as much government involvement, and I agree - but, most of us are not involved enough in our neighborhoods, towns and communities.

The toys for tots program is very cool, and I'm very pleased to see that fellow members have a generous side to people. Sometimes it's easy to get the wrong idea about each other through the Gorgoroth videos, broken leg videos, and death metal talk. Although 'Ed's furry fucking guide to metal' was a cool fucker to share with my friends.

which ; This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom

RIP youtube
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                          The toys for tots program is very cool, and I'm very pleased to see that fellow members have a generous side to people. Sometimes it's easy to get the wrong idea about each other through the Gorgoroth videos, broken leg videos, and death metal talk. Although 'Ed's furry fucking guide to metal' was a cool fucker to share with my friends.
                          Haha, no kidding.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I gave to my mortgage company. Now I'm only two months behind.

Comment

I'm a fucking charity case. People should give money to me.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X